Disrespected women accross the world

Seaside

I wanted to share this text : 

(written in English after the French one) 

http://morphinisme.tumblr.com/post/51590308162/jen-ai-chie-pour-vous-viande-a-viol

Only because I feel concerned about it. Being a women nowadays, is being insulted everytime we set a foot on the street. That "phenomenon" is called street harassment.
At least, that is what happen in France, in Belgium, and i know it must be the same in several other countries. 

Some men are not aware of that kind of behavior. They sometimes do not know what women have to go through. So if i post this, it is just to let you know that this is what happen to women every single day in cities. 

There is an interesting video of Sophie Peters + the article if you want to know more about street harassment : 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/aug/03/belgium-film-street-harassment-sofie-peeters

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/29/street-harassment-is-no-c_n_3180800.html

I just want to add that it happens to a lot of women, not just a few. Myself, when i walk alone in my town, there is always some man to disturb me what ever he says. I'm so tired of it... And there's nothing I can do !

When will (some) men be respectful? We are not meat! We are in 2013 in civilized countries... ffs. And This is just a shame! 

And no, we should not wear burka just not to get insulted. If today I want to go out with a dress it is my right. The way women dress is NO reason to disrespect them. 

5357_10151564774402268_13612977_n.jpg

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/street%20harassment

6-things-men-can-do-to-stop-street-haras

• Like 1

The people who disrespect and blatantly insult women in the cities are the same people who're able beat the shit out of someone for a pack of cigarettes or just for the fun. Fortunately, most of the men aren't like that, at least, that's what I thought before watching the video, what a bunch of uneducated dumbasses :o (still not a reason to generalize, uh, I still think that a lot of men are respectful)

• Like 1

Agree, happened to me loads of times too, it's annoying.. even if I'd go to the mcdonalds some creepy guy starts talking in a scary way asking me how I am. I always ignore it because they don't continue the crap then. I just keep walking whatever they say and I don't even look at them. What's more annoying is creepy men on bikes, they ride past n are like "how are you girl?" and say more crap and wink.. and then I just ignore so they ride away but keep turning around n look at me.

I'm not even beautiful, also not ugly (atleast that's what I think heh) guess they just think "oh a girl, gotta talk creepy"

Do women actually do that to men? Never seen that before lol, but I'm sure that happens a lot less

Most men are jerks, but yeah there's some nice ones :) the gay ones! haha just joking, look at my sexy Gubbi <3 he's a gentleman! (atleast as far as I know!)

• Like 1

i know about his i saw a doc about it..with hiden camera..and i saw the way that not man,pigs,adress to womans in the streets..

its a shame -.-

treathing ppl like objects should be a crime..

• Like 1

this is belgium? what does these men are thinking who they are? i really could say it would be different in germany. here we call it discretion...

this is belgium? what does these men are thinking who they are? i really could say it would be different in germany. here we call it discretion...

i live here for 2 years i already notice some things but its like a mode that came from France...sadly

Yes of course i do not generalize. A lot of men are not like that. Thanks god! Some of them received a proper education or come from a culture that does not underestimate women.

This is not a mode coming from France. I am sorry to say that but in my country most of the French men won't do things like that. But, certainly, from my experience, a lot of immigrants ( i do not generalize once again - ) do not respect women.

The first text is from a women living in UK 

The video of the student Sophie Peters was made in Belgium yeah
But this is the same in France. 

And baby Alex, though you are very beautiful , those men do not care if you are or not. They just see that you are a women. So they feel free to remind you that the world is not yours. That you are weak. And should stay in the kitchen. They just want to mark their territory... 

Just like you I ignore them. I would love to punch them but when i am alone and there is a small group of three guys in front of me. I just think about being safe and walking away from them. 

One thing is sure, is that this is not the way I want my daughters to grow in that world/ society. That needs to change, and it starts with people being aware of that. 

i live here for 2 years i already notice some things but its like a mode that came from France...sadly

I'm not sure about that (and I don't say that because I'm french), even if, indeed, more and more (young) people have this state of mind here...maybe from the USA, it's apparently the same shit there as well? Maybe from some islamic immigrants (I've nothing against islamic people but obviously women rights aren't very respected in islamic countries, so, and from what I've seen here they don't always have a very high esteem of the women)? 

Anyways where it comes from doesn't really matter, if people are dumb, imitate them makes u dumber, and you can't justify your stupidity by telling "that's because I want to imitate him, it's his fault" No, it's YOUR fault :)

• Like 1

I blame how society change, people nowadays don't give a crap about nothing, and they listen at music, mostly swag music (here i am with rap again haha) and they disrespect women all time, calling b*** and etc, and in the videos they're taking it cool, and all booty clapping, so man think all women are pleasure instruments. When i was single i loved the challenge of try to talk to a girl, it is very funny when you can flirt and make friendships, not this disrespectful bullshit. I hate this world now  

I'm not sure about that (and I don't say that because I'm french), even if, indeed, more and more (young) people have this state of mind here...maybe from the USA, it's apparently the same shit there as well? Maybe from some islamic immigrants (I've nothing against islamic people but obviously women rights aren't very respected in islamic countries, so, and from what I've seen here they don't always have a very high esteem of the women)? 

Anyways where it comes from doesn't really matter, if people are dumb, imitate them makes u dumber, and you can't justify your stupidity by telling "that's because I want to imitate him, it's his fault" No, it's YOUR fault :)

Yes i sayd from fance but i didnt say from the french..if you know what i mean..i know we europeans treath the womans as equal... ;)

or even batter than man :P

• Like 1

But, certainly, from my experience, a lot of immigrants ( i do not generalize once again - ) do not respect women.

This is so true, I can't even remember a dutch guy saying creepy things to me, only immigrants.

I don't mind immigrants aslong as they're nice and work and go to school and don't cause trouble. In my opinion all those that cause trouble can gtfo to their own country, they're useless here.

• Like 2

It's sad and lame that people do it often, some even on a daily basis. Lately, I've come to notice that usually males who haven't yet been in a relationship have somewhat immature attitude towards women, and even more immature attitude when it comes to sex. I believe (or at least hope) that this kind of people is a small minority, although unfortunately a noticable one. It takes relatively few jerks (compared to whole male population) to negatively impact all males.

• 3 weeks later...