fps

Sabby123

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update your graphics settings, and use the default config to see.. make sure that your /com_maxfps was not set to low value.

SS of lagometer would give us some lead maybe?

Also provide winMTR if the lag occurs(Ecoban also?).

But default config as Pinoy suggested(move current Profile folder under NQ to desktop and ET makes default one) and making new internet connection popped my mind. threaded optimisation off when using nvidia graphics, setting affinity to one CPU when using multilple cores?

• Clan Friend

huge fps drop = config, drivers (+ driver settings) or other software running (xfire, antivirus) imho

I don't think a network problem makes your fps slow down. At most you would lag. Have you tried to benchmark a demo with /timedemo 1 ?

well was on again yesterday started off ok then mega drop i know its not me cause i havent changed anything

If it's your fps dropping from 90 to 20 it is you, or rather your pc. If it's ok for a few minutes maybe your cpu or videocard is overheating, check that with tools like "core temp" and "gpu-z". Leave them running while playing and then check the peak values. When you play with xfire in the background disable the ingame feature, that's eating fps too.

Edited by S3ti

If it's your fps dropping from 90 to 20 it is you, or rather your pc. If it's ok for a few minutes maybe your cpu or videocard is overheating, check that with tools like "core temp" and "gpu-z". Leave them running while playing and then check the peak values. When you play with xfire in the background disable the ingame feature, that's eating fps too.

if it was my pc then it would do it on other servers and it doesnt also my cpu and videocard isnt overheating as i checked that

• Clan Friend

if it was my pc then it would do it on other servers and it doesnt also my cpu and videocard isnt overheating as i checked that

Fps and lag aren't related imho, you could even have connection interrupted and get 333 fps, i.e. render that 'connection interrupted scene' at 333fps.

So when you say it's the server, I can't think right now of a way one server could give you less fps than another server in the same map. (Unless it's a full server vs empty)

Maybe your config on that mod is different? If you don't have an autoexec with (almost) all the possible settings, it might happen that you have different settings on different mods.

It never happened to me, because in my config I have almost all the possible cvars, even stuff like r_drawworld or things you can't even change ingame. So when I load autoexec I am sure all the cvars are the same for every mod, but I heard many times players complaining about differences between when they load etmain or the load straight-away another mod in main screen, etc. etc.

But going from 90 to 20 is not config, again imho

i could not think of your continuous fps drop. maybe do one ore more of the below temporarily or permanently? maybe, to isolate what is really causing them?

disable/unload any running antivirus/antimalware, messengers including xfire?

close all browsers?

unload P2P or any bittorrent software running in background?

check msconfig startup menus and start up services?

try lowering down your screen reso?

use gamebooster software?

disable windows updates, adobe flash update, java updates?

check com_maxfps value if it's fixed

move/rename or delete autoexec.cfg, etconfig.cfg and your config termporarily before starting ET? this includes the ones inside mods folder or profile folder?

disable vsync ?

disable triple buffering?

disable antialiasing?

hunk megs? i doubt

lower down your ET reso to lower values for a test and see?

check how much RAM Windows detected? maybe one slot is not working?

set your nvidia settings to performance mode to see any difference?

nvidia released a latest stable driver version few days ago, update your driver?

run PK3cleaner if that would help?

lastly, rename your current ET folder, download FA's ET full installer. Run ET with fresh config, no changes on anything and see your FPS value this time around?

• Clan Friend

I don't think it's ET or his config. Maybe some settings could cause such a huge fps drop, but it would drop constantly and not occasionally.

I could summarize your checklist to 2 main things:

1. CPU usage of other processes (minimize ET while this fps drop happens, and check the task manager, or maybe use another utility with a cpu history graph, like process explorer)

2. GPU settings (VSync, etc.)

edit:

I forgot to add: disable xfire ingame feature, and all non-needed processes

Edited by SunLight

Other server with same mod? Maybe Windows Update installed a new gfx driver, check the settings. Important ones are threaded optimization at "disabled" or the power management mode set to "prefer maximum performance"