New Map Rotations Feedback - 5/16/2013

Map rotations for Beginners, Killbox and Abnerdog have been updated

I've also removed the respawn delay on Abnerdog, since it seems mostly unpopular now and since PB is down it is best not to have it for the sake of spectating players and recording demos.

Feel free to leave us some good feedback, posts considered to be spam may be removed.

Beginners:

set g_gametype "war"
set sv_mapRotation "gametype war map mp_convoy gametype war map mp_countdown gametype war map mp_bog gametype war map mp_backlot gametype war map mp_broadcast gametype war map mp_cargoship gametype war map mp_citystreets gametype war map mp_pipeline gametype war map mp_crash gametype war map mp_overgrown gametype war map mp_crossfire"

Killbox:

set g_gametype "war"
set sv_mapRotation "gametype war map mp_countdown gametype war map mp_convoy gametype war map mp_vacant gametype war map mp_showdown gametype war map mp_killhouse gametype war map mp_bloc"

Abnerdog:

set g_gametype "war"
set sv_mapRotation "gametype war map mp_carentan gametype koth map mp_broadcast gametype sab map mp_crash gametype dom map mp_strike gametype sd map mp_pipeline gametype war map mp_showdown gametype sd map mp_cargoship gametype koth map mp_convoy gametype dom map mp_vacant gametype war map mp_backlot gametype sab map mp_farm"

Edited by GI-JOE
  • Like 1

I don't see creek, which makes me very happy.  I like the beginner's rotation, but what is Convoy?  Also are we limited to 6 map rotation for Killbox?  I really don't like bloc, especially not for Killbox.  I would prefer to see downpour, because that would be a better map.  Most people spray with the machine gun and spray the entire game and that is really stupid.  I think because it takes more to kill in Killbox then Beginner's it(maching gun) would be less used.  Plus with the smaller population on Killbox people will be less likely to camp, therefore making the Downpour map suitable IMO.  I think big maps on Killbox aren't liked as much as smaller maps, but again variation is nice. 

Also are all these gametypes tdm?

I don't see creek, which makes me very happy.  I like the beginner's rotation, but what is Convoy?  Also are we limited to 6 map rotation for Killbox?  I really don't like bloc, especially not for Killbox.  I would prefer to see downpour, because that would be a better map.  Most people spray with the machine gun and spray the entire game and that is really stupid.  I think because it takes more to kill in Killbox then Beginner's it(maching gun) would be less used.  Plus with the smaller population on Killbox people will be less likely to camp, therefore making the Downpour map suitable IMO.  I think big maps on Killbox aren't liked as much as smaller maps, but again variation is nice. 

Also are all these gametypes tdm?

For Beginners all the maps are TDM.  I have a feeling Convoy is Ambush. 

I will miss bloc from the rotation but it will be nice to see Countdown.

I hate to see Showdown and Downpour taken out, they were two of my favorites, but I am happy to see a regular rotation be put in.. Thanks a ton for all the work :D

Convoy = Ambush

Beginners: Very happy to see Creek out, that was my spec map :D (but I'll admit I voted for it last time haha). Looks like a good rotation to me and excited to see Bog.

Is the new rotation up already? If so, the Abner rotation, as stated in the spoiler, is wrong. Today I played on the server and I noticed that it was still the old rotation.

And what gametype is 'koth'?

Sincerely,

me

Is the new rotation up already? If so, the Abner rotation, as stated in the spoiler, is wrong. Today I played on the server and I noticed that it was still the old rotation.

And what gametype is 'koth'?

Sincerely,

me

King of the Hill- Domination probably.

For Abner's personally I cannot stand wetwork and just will not play that map, but I am sure others like it and will.  I always like the change and canging the rotation once a quarter will always keep things fresh on the servers. I will miss bog as it was one of my stronger maps to play and I am glad we added the different game types in there too.  Convoy is Ambush btw as dave pointed out.  Below are someof the common game types if you are wondering what they are:

DEATHMATCH - Free for All – dm

DOMINATION – dom

TEAM DEATHMATCH – war

SABOTAGE – sab

SEARCH AND DESTROY CLASSIC – sd

KING OF THE HILL – Headquarters - koth