Increase ping in close combat

Maximo Decimo

• Clan Friend

What's your lago meter like on:

hardcore (same mod)

and jay2 (same server)

normally I don't have packet loss, and I didn't try that day to connect to HC or jay2, if it happens again I will.

my high ping problem the other days was just caused from a 50ms raise in this node (from which I have to pass to reach SW server):

$ host 193.251.251.29

29.251.251.193.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer tengige0-4-0-13.ffttr1.FrankfurtAmMain.opentransit.net.

Btw why didn't it break down the whole path, but "simplyfied" it like this, is this even correct?

that traceroute screenshot is weird... how can you have both at #4 and #23 the same address?

maybe some network geek here could explain?

@Joku - the fact it only happens on one server doesn't necessarily mean theres a problem with the server - it simply means that your connection to the server is probably getting bottlenecked at one of the connection points along the way - could be a server issue, or it could be your ISP's routing.. WinMTR is the only way to find out :)

Let me clarify a little bit maybe I can explain myself better. I am not suggesting it's your server, I am suggesting there is something wrong with all the servers that are running silent mod as I said originally. So forth, I am suggesting there might be something wrong with silent mod coding that reveals itself in certain situations.

By saying that I got increased ping in close combat and that I got some unstability in my connection I tried to give values or better said examples what is needed for this/ these coding defects to manifest, atleast in my case. By asking if someone else with these same problems has found a way to make them easier I tried to point out that there are others that feel the same. So forth, it is a question of finding common nominators that make this/ these coding defects appear. In my case, it gets worse the more players there are, close combat, and unstability in the connection.

As my original explanation gives out I am not a coder, so forth, it's hard for me to explain this/ myself adequatly in this situation. The fact just is: I've played this game for seven years and I feel and know there is something wrong when I play on servers that are running silent mod, which manifests itself most clearly on close combat situations. Of course, it might just be that it is a config, not coding, problem that certain values that help your game play on jaymod are not good or maybe even make this lag appear worse on silent mod. That all said, when I got time, maybe even tonight, I'll start testing different autoexes on servers that are running silent mod. Maybe I can make the lag disappear or atleast reduce it, as I was hoping for in the original post.

Yours sincerely Am Joku_.

• Clan Friend

As my original explanation gives out I am not a coder, so forth, it's hard for me to explain this/ myself adequatly in this situation.

you don't need to explain, just give a demo and it will explain itself ;)

personally, when I lag I lag and when I don't lag I don't :P there is no difference between fighting and not fighting, but if there is something like that for you, it must show in the demo, if you record it yourself.

you don't need to explain, just give a demo and it will explain itself ;)

personally, when I lag I lag and when I don't lag I don't :P there is no difference between fighting and not fighting, but if there is something like that for you, it must show in the demo, if you record it yourself.

Alright, I'll record the demo when I got time to play and post it

Hey,

That traceroutie is indeed weird - same address at #4 and #23. This I have never seen but I found some info on it (http://www.mail-archive.com/gnhlug-discuss@mail.gnhlug.org/msg06718.html). What is interesting, though, is that you have a ping of about 160 and go through 20+ hops. I just did a 'tracert' from AUS to those two servers and for a 250 ping i went through 14 hops. Usually lower ping means less hops.

You have a multicore CPU - When you open up ET can you go to control panel (CTRL+ALT+DEL). Go to ET.exe process and right click on it. Click on 'Set Affinity' and untick all CPU's but leave CPU 0 (also try with just CPU 1) ticked. ET is known to cause "lag" issues relating to hardware as it was not designed to run on mutlicore processors.

Then go back to your game and see if you still get those lag spikes. try setting your rate and fps to 25000 and 76, respectively, with and without setting to one CPU. We need to rule out hardware issues. If this is still happening it can be due to router/firewall/internet.

I know I used to get lag spikes when enemies first showed up and it ended up being caused by bad mod/server settings in relation to where I was playing from. Another issue I had was getting lag spikes every 30 or so seccond which was caused by mutlicore CPUs running the game.

A gameplay demo would be really helpful at this stage.

D_R