Re-Install Win 8

Chameleon

I believe you just need the players folder. Maybe bring the demos over as well if you think you might need them :)

• Like 2

for steam installed (mine is 64 bit, just take out the x86 if yours is 32 bit): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty 4\players\profiles

for cd installed: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles

just as corey said, everything within the profiles folders. That is the important stuff.

• Like 1

for steam installed (mine is 64 bit, just take out the x86 if yours is 32 bit): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty 4\players\profiles

for cd installed: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles

just as corey said, everything within the profiles folders. That is the important stuff.

Just a quick correction, 32 bit programs are put into the (x86) folder... Steam on windows is, as far as I know, only available as the 32 bit version.

And there is the alternative folder path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty 4 -Modern Warfare\players\profiles" :)

• Like 1

Just a quick correction, 32 bit programs are put into the (x86) folder... Steam on windows is, as far as I know, only available as the 32 bit version.

And there is the alternative folder path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty 4 -Modern Warfare\players\profiles" :)

Correct, what I meant by that is if Ph0enix is on 32 bit, he will not need the x86 in path name. Because for 32 bit is just c:\program files without the alternate (x86) option. sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

.. or to make it easier and if you have a lot of space, just copy your Steam folder elsewhere, if your COD is Steam that is.