ET Server F|A STOPWATCH SERVER - Enemy Territory Gaming - Updated to silEnT Version 0.7.0

daredevil

There could be atleast one or two bots so that we dont feel bored when waiting for people . 

+1 for adding a few bots :) 

p.s : as usual got my ass kicked tonight by jaie and co .

• Clan Friend

as an alternative to bots, you could put some basic tj map like lnatrickjump, but without adrenaline it would take forever to regain stamina

I don't know if on silent there are votable configs like on etpro, and btw game physics is broken in that server so maybe some jumps would be different

• Administrators

I don't know if on silent there are votable configs like on etpro, and btw game physics is broken in that server so maybe some jumps would be different

What you mean by game physics is broken?

• Clan Friend

What you mean by game physics is broken?

i mean, for example, that in sp_delivery_te when I fall from allied spawn to the concrete part at the side, I take damage and I have to use a medipack.

I don't take damage on etpro, not on jaymod (jay3 for example), and not on a test silent server I made.

So there must be some strange setting. It's not g_speed because when I move I have 256 ups speed, which is standard. And anyway changing g_speed I wasn't able to reproduce it.

So either g_gravity is not 800, or some other setting involving movement is different than default, because using a vanilla silent mod cfg I don't get that falling 'bug'. (on hardcore it's the same, by the way)

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

Seems related to pmove imo

could be, I will see if I'm able to reproduce it using pmove, maybe I can guess which cvar is it. It's not a big deal, but it's annoying when you are used to fall from there without taking damage.

Some places in some maps are exactly the max. height to avoid damage, so even a tiny change could cause people to get hurt when they fall. And if you aren't medic it's a bit annoying.

• Administrators

Try with g_misc 294 on your test server and see if it happens again.

• Clan Friend

Try with g_misc 294 on your test server and see if it happens again.

I can't check it right now, but g_misc 294 would be 2+4+32+256

2 Enable binoc master competition. Requires g_weapons 64 to be set
4 When a player is killed he can see the HP the killer has left
32 Value is not in use (according to http://mygamingtalk.com/silent/manual/server.html#g_misc)
256 I don't know what it does :P

g_misc has a value 64 (Disable Falling Damage) but I don't want to disable it totally.

in my test server, I don't get damage when I fall from that place, but it's normal because from that height on ET you shouldn't get any damage.

In Hardcore and SW server I get damage instead.

• Administrators

I can't check it right now, but g_misc 294 would be 2+4+32+256

2 Enable binoc master competition. Requires g_weapons 64 to be set
4 When a player is killed he can see the HP the killer has left
32 Value is not in use (according to http://mygamingtalk.com/silent/manual/server.html#g_misc)
256 I don't know what it does :P

g_misc has a value 64 (Disable Falling Damage) but I don't want to disable it totally.

in my test server, I don't get damage when I fall from that place, but it's normal because from that height on ET you shouldn't get any damage.

In Hardcore and SW server I get damage instead.

I am confused... does the damage happens on your local test server? or it just happens on HC and SW? 

• Clan Friend

I am confused... does the damage happens on your local test server? or it just happens on HC and SW?

In my silent server with default cfg I get no damage. On etpro servers I get no damage. On jay3 , again no damage

I get damage only on HC and SW.

I will see if it's pmove, there must be a setting that causes that, I don't know if I will be able to find it.

• Clan Friend

Please test if setting g_fixedphysics to 1 has effect on the case.

bingo! that was it...

g_gravity 800, g_speed 320 (both default)

with g_fixedphysics 1, I get damage when I fall, not only at allied spawn, but also when I fall downstairs in other places (in the map sp_delivery_te)

with g_fixedphysics 0, normal behaviour (no damage)

isn't this meant to copy the functionality of etpro b_fixedphysics? on etpro + b_fixedphysics 1 I get no damage, but of course I don't know how that is implemented.

edit:

lol I talked too soon, now I get damage always, dafuq?

Edited by SunLight
  • Like 1