PC freeze

Olykiller

weird things going on: league of legends won't even start, i press the lol.exe but after that nothing happens

ET still works though

E: got it fixed now, didnt crash also so i think my problem is fixed :) THX for help guys

Edited by Olykiller
  • Like 1

He installed audio drivers for his soundcard -

the driver version he said he had was more up to date than mine.. so I guess maybe it was corrupted or something.

• 1 month later...

This buzzing sound doesn't mean it's related to the soundcard/sounddriver, can be actually anything, some other bugged or interfering software, videocard overheating, hardware faults... had that problem too a few times but for me it was mostly caused by overclocking and temperatures. Just google for 'freeze with sound loop' or similar you will find hundreds of threads with hundrets of solutions, or no solutions :P

Did you also monitor your videocard temps too? Use GPU-Z or MSI Afterburner and check the highest readings after gaming a few minutes.

If such error starts to happen out of nowhere first thing is to revert any changes you may have made, any setting in bios, video drivers, driver updates, automatic windows updates and so on. Check temperatures of every high temp component, CPU, Videocard, Mainboard Chipset. Even if all fans are running, over time the coolers tend to get jammed with dust between the cooling fins which isn't always visible at a first look. Take out your videocard and check that and try to get at least a good look between the cooling fins of the cpu cooler (but cpu temps look fine).

If you update drivers for mainboard (which is at least worth a try) always load them from the hardware manufacturers homepage e.g. for your soundchip it's Realtek, for your mb chipset it's Intel. They are usually more up to date than from mainboard manufacturer's site.

At Gigabyte's website driver for your soundchip is v2.70 (2012/10/04)

At Realtek's website is v2.71 (2013/04/08) http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Edited by S3ti

im pritty sure its an audio problem because i got this error when i start the pc IN SAFE MODE. (dont get error when i start normal)

"Kan de windows audio-service op lokale computer niet starten

Fout 1068: Afhankelijkheidsservice of -groep kan niet worden gestart"

bad english translation:

"Couldnt start the windows audio-service on the local computer

Error 1068: dependence service or group cant be started"

im going to download that driver v2.71 from realtek website now.

• Leader

No sound: Error: 1068-dependency service failed to start

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/no-sound-error-1068-dependency-service-failed-to/be5cc914-54b1-4aaf-83a4-43e8b5d31c65

which also contains some previously posted fixes.

sry i couldnt answer but my pc failed to start yesterday

meanwhile ive cleared all the dust in the 'koelvinnen' (cooling fins i think english is) and now luckily pc starts again so overheating might have been the problem

i will play some music to test if it will crash or not 

more infos later