COD4 missing components

deadauntbob

My version of COD4 was acquired from the Apple app store and is lacking several features. Notably, I can not view recordings. I have the ModWarfare window, but nothing shows up. The folders that are supposed to exist don't. Had a similar circumstance with screenshots, I could make them, but there wasn't anywhere for them to go. 

The screenshot issue was repairable in Terminal (for some reason Apple defaulted the user Library as hidden??? no clue what that was about) but there doesn't seem to be a work around  for the Modwarfare issue.

I can make recordings, I just can't view them.

Anyone have a guess? 

Hey,

I had that same problem and this is how i got it solved:

Go to Applications, CAll  of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, "right click", show package contents. There go to call of duty 4 data and copy the mod folder.

Then go to finder, and go to the Go tab, press alt and go to library (its hidden on mountain lion, but if ur not on that OS, just in the Go tab, ull find it). Go to application support/call of duty 4/contents, and paste the mod folder there.

This should fix ya right away!

• Like 1

I can provide some insight to this, if that didn't fix it.

It's not that he cannot view the demos - it's that COD won't read ModWarfare. The folder exists on the computer within the COD4 Application under "Call of Duty Data" or something (he'll have to confirm where it is), but when we go to "Mods" in-game, ModWarfare is not listed.

Is that the same problem you had, Alex, or was yours just that the demos were being sent to the wrong place (which I think is the default setting...for some reason)?

I've been able to locate the screenshots and demos folders and copied them to his desktop so that he can submit SS's and demos, however, my understanding is that you cannot view demos without a demo viewer (for which one does not exist for Mac) or ModWarfare in COD4.

It's possible that the file is just somehow corrupt and a reinstall may be required. Has anyone had a similar problem with ModWarfare not showing up in game? Or can anyone with a copy of the game purchased from the App Store provide a pathway for the ModWarfare folder that we could try to copy to get the game to read it?

Lulu,

You CAN view em.  The reason why you cant launch or "recognize" demos, is because the Mod folder is not where its supposed to be. Once you copy it and put it in the right place, you also have to make a "demo" folder inside the ModWarfare folder thats inside the Mod folder. You have to put demos inside this folder. 

After just launch the mod, console:/demo 000 and thats it, ull view em!

Here's the issue I ran into:

It seems from your picture that you have a Mods folder under Application Support - deadauntbob does not. The Mods folder is within the application (there was already an alias of the demos folder in it).

I tried to move the Mods to match yours, but all it would allow me to do is make an alias (it made the alias automatically, didn't move the file), but it didn't solve the problem. I opened the game, clicked on Mods, and the list was still empty. The pathway at this point was the same as yours, except that the Mod folder was an alias, which I couldn't seem to change.

Thoughts?

yep, i had to do this manually too. Dont make an alias of it but an actual copy of the folder. I think that might solve ur issue. The alias will just point to the other folder, but u need to have the root folder there.

Every form of copying I do just makes an alias for some reason. It really doesn't want to be cooperative.

Every form of copying I do just makes an alias for some reason. It really doesn't want to be cooperative.

Sorry, I keep forgetting it but are you running on Lion? Try to Cmd+c / Cmd+v the folder to your Desktop first if direct Cmd+c / Cmd+v to the desired destination doesn't work. I see no reason why it wouldn't to be honest. You should only get a problem with drag and drop.

I think it's Mountain Lion. It's his computer, so I'm not sure. I tried to paste it into the Library, but it didn't want to. I'll try pasting it to the desktop and moving it.

Fixed. Lulu will pipe in and describe the method better than I. From what I witnessed, he manually created a new library folder and manually inserted it into game folder rather than try to copy it...which simply created an alias. My thanks to all of you for your interest and my gratitude to Apple for the excellent method of creating puzzles to solve.