I have to use pb_cl_enable to get my xp back

Skull

Just for future cases, you should do the following commands in the exact order: /pb_cl_enable, /pb_system 1, /pb_writecfg, /reconnect

That should make sure you don't have to rewrite /pb_cl_enable every time your xp is reset.

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

pb_system 1 is unrelated

PB_System [0/1]
PB can conflict with other software on some systems due to vigorous memory scanning; Changing this setting may reduce or eliminate conflicts if you have problems on your system; this setting can only be changed before connecting to a server

it has nothing to do with guids or xp. I've always used 0, and that is the default value as well. Never had a problem with guids (unless I disable pb myself to play etpro, and I forget to enable it again).

To make sure pb is enabled, just add this line to your autoexec.cfg

seta cl_punkbuster "1"

or run et with +set cl_punkbuster 1 from the command line (or your server browser, etc.)

p.s.

don't rely on 'unknown reasons', because your problems will be back :P

Edited by SunLight

You don't need to have pb enabled to get your xp saved, the cvar cl_guid is just empty if pb is disabled.

Just look up your guid with pb enabled, type "cl_guid" in console and do "condump" to save the console to a textfile.

Then copy your guid into your config like this: seta cl_guid "yourguidwhatever"

Should save your XP then and you don't need to enable pb unless the server needs it :)