Do you carry a firearm when they leave their home?

Medic Kane

I do not. Currently in NYS you are required to APPLY for a pistol permit, then you have to wat 6-12+ months ad wait for them to tell you if you can or can't exercise your 2nd amendment right.

If/When I am approved, I will carry daily.

No reason to lock.

He asked a question. People who come to start a debate are the issue, and should refrain from posting if they have nothing RELEVANT to contribute to the poster's topic.

i never sayd the question was the problem but some people's answer :)

a discussion in a FORUM....

yup, that's a serious problem right there :rolleyes:

ps. what did you expect, it's a gun topic after all... But I'm out ^^

...no i dont own a gun. got rid of them long ago, borrow one durin hunting season.

I wouldnt carry it outside of my house cause in my opinion my fists do better than a weapon would.

(side note I do have one at work but thats different).

Yeh there will always be a debate about weapons and what peoples opinions are about them. Though they are just opinions and people shouldnt get too upset over them, but some should reframe from goin overboard.

• Like 2

My friend found a landmine 6 years ago, in the UK, but luckily it was defunct.

For those who carry a fire arm, how many times has carrying it saved your life?

I believe in Alabama it is legal to carry a unconcealed gun in public.

If you want to carry a gun concealed you have to apply for a permit to do so.

I have a gun and a concealment license, but I never carry it in public. I have taken it in my car a few times on trips, but that is about it. It's a Glock 22 so the size isn't the best for a carry gun anyways.

I don't really see a need to carry it on me really. Like I said i take it in my car occasionally when I go to unfamiliar places or go to the bad parts of town, but that isn't often. I am not worried about my safety that much to carry it everywhere I go.

EDIT: my concealment license expire in February :P  I may look into getting that renewed just because...

Edited by Corey

I believe in Alabama it is legal to carry a unconcealed gun in public.

If you want to carry a gun concealed you have to apply for a permit to do so.

I have a gun and a concealment license, but I never carry it in public. I have taken it in my car a few times on trips, but that is about it. It's a Glock 22 so the size isn't the best for a carry gun anyways.

I don't really see a need to carry it on me really. Like I said i take it in my car occasionally when I go to unfamiliar places or go to the bad parts of town, but that isn't often. I am not worried about my safety that much to carry it everywhere I go.

EDIT: my concealment license expire in February :P  I may look into getting that renewed just because...

Look into the Glock 29, its a .40 caliber in an easily concealable package :D There is open carry in my state, so I see 2 or 3 people every day with a gun on their hip. Honestly it doesn't scare me at all. Granted I also spend time at military bases and government buildings, so getting checked in by a guard with a gun is a daily occurance. 

• Like 1

Yes I carry, here in Virginia we are a shall issue state.

Yes, I have used a gun to protect myself from being robbed.

I carry a Sig Sauer P232 or a Sig Sauer P229.  I have both the .40 and .357Sig barrels for the 229, and the 232 is chambered in .380.  It depends what I'm wearing, and where I'm going that determines gun of choice.

• Like 1

I carry a GLOCK22..look at the glock torture tests..for those of you that don't take good care of your weapons glock never fails..

imo

id rather have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it!!!

• Like 1

Just want to say, I carry 24 hours so I can protect my family :)

I carry a glock 22 too!

• Like 1

I have a permit to carry, but I don't. If I'm traveling, camping, or hiking I'll bring one with me. I may start to pocket carry if I get a tiny gun like a Ruger LCP or LC9.

Man a Glock 22 is a huge gun to conceal. Are you open or conceal carrying?

Thought you deserved an answer. 

Last December there was a shooting in a shopping mall in the western US, a state called Oregon. A disturbed person with a rifle started shooting randomly, killing two and wounding another when the rifle jammed. This next part didn't get much coverage in the news media:

While trying to clear the jam of his rifle, the disturbed shooter was confronted by a fellow who happened to be (legally) armed with a handgun. Not a cop, not a soldier, just some guy who drew his weapon and took aim at the shooter but didn't shoot because there were innocent people behind the shooter who might be injured. The shooter saw this fellow aiming at him and ran off, found a secluded place to hide, fixed his rifle and shot himself.

Nobody knows how many lives were saved because of all of this; it could be many, it could be none - we will never know.

Here's a link to one of the few media reports about it:

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-armed-confronts-mall-shooter-183593571.html 

• Like 1

I debated if I should answer, because I spent ~ a year in Iraq. Carrying saved my life nearly every day there, although that is obviously a very different situation than at home. 

I personally hope I'll never need my firearm - but if I need one and neglected to carry one, I'm not doing my son, my wife, myself or my community a service. I'd be a pretty piss poor citizen. 

There was a rash of bank robberies here last fall, someone not  a local (only moved here last year). I've known most of the women that work at that bank my whole life, and went to highschool with some of them. If I was in the building and something happened, and I did nothing I could not forgive myself. 

*edit, tried to PM jaie but couldn't....

Police Now Advise Assertive Response to Mass Attacks

written by a pretty anti gun reporter in a pretty anti gun paper, so they won't say you should be armed. But if you read it and can find a more effective way to "be assertive" let me know
Edited by Medic Kane

I believe in more or less every country you can obtain a license to carry a gun, the legal procedure and limitations to allowed gun specifications is what varies I suppose, and I have the feeling people from US seem to practice that right more than EU people. I'm not sure why is there such a difference in opinion when it comes to gun control and bearing firearms between Europe and US. Somehow I doubt US is much more dangerous than Europe that it should warrant using firearms for personal safety. Personally, I would find it a burden carrying a weapon around. I feel uncomfortable around armed personnel, even the police.

^^ In Western-Europe it is really forbidden to carry a gun, other than from the shop to home and from home to shooting range. I know that holds for Netherlands, Germany, France, Belgium, UK, etc. For Spain and Italy I'm not sure though, but I doubt it's different. Group those together and you have more inhabitants than in the USA.

For Eastern-Europe I have no idea; never been there in my life yet.