Do you carry a firearm when they leave their home?

Medic Kane

And if you don't are you legally allowed to? Would you carry if you could?

IF you can why don't you carry.

I don't leave the house without a Taurus 605 (.357 magnum . I sometimes open carry, but it is easily covered almost every T-shirt I own. I always wear jeans/tee shirt unless my wife makes me dress up.

My wife carries the same gun - I actually got our first 605 for her, wanting a Kahr arms .40 for myself. However,  I couldn't find a Kahr arms .40 anywhere, and when a co-worker offered to sell me his 605 I jumped on it. Half the price to boot - and now we only have to buy one type of ammo (in theory, in pratice she carries 38 spec. +P because the .357 is just to much recoil for her).

you bet, rights are like muscles if you don't exercise them regularly they will soon be gone. I carry a para arms 1911 almost everywhere. its a lot of gun but easier to conceal than the peacemaker or my walker .44, both have seven inch barrels  My wife carries a tarsus model 85 .38+p with a composite frame . I would love to get a small frame revolver for summer concealment, but they are harder to find than ammo is around here right now 

most of the rime I open carry anyway,I just find it more comfortable to me and I don't worry about what others may think since I refuse to patronize businesses  that prohibit firearms since I have yet to find data that will support the notion that a sign and policy that says you cant have a weapon has actually prevented violent crime.   

I dont know if its true that you have all of those guns, but i always carry a pepper spray, its illegal here in Portugal, but i dont care, safety comes first.

roflroflrofl you all must live in very safe places *cough*

Sometimes I'm glad I live in Holland. There might be people carrying around guns in the very poor places in holland, I've got no clue where that would be though.. I never go there or see it, probably full of morons anyways. I don't even know if we have some kind of ghetto in Holland lol.. does anyone know if we have one? :unsure:

roflroflrofl you all must live in very safe places *cough*

Sometimes I'm glad I live in Holland. There might be people carrying around guns in the very poor places in holland, I've got no clue where that would be though.. I never go there or see it, probably full of morons anyways. I don't even know if we have some kind of ghetto in Holland lol.. does anyone know if we have one? :unsure:

Dear, is the american way of thinking about weapons, different from what we have here in Europe, we are not so used to it being illegal to carry them unless you bring in the car to go to practice with them in sport shooting club. But if other weapons, such as knives, many usually wear on top or in the car.

• Like 1

It's illegal herd so nope

Even if it wasn't, I wouldn't comfortable with knowing shitload of people being armed

That would make me feel unsafe to be honest, but well that's me:P

I dont know if its true that you have all of those guns, but i always carry a pepper spray, its illegal here in Portugal, but i dont care, safety comes first.

very true and these are only my hand guns I have a rather large collection of long guns and bows as well, I am a competitive shooter and an avid outdoors men so every one has a purpose. I don't understand why something as short acting and benign as pepper spray would be illegal that seems very dumb on the part of the Portuguese government. I also have pepper spray for when I have to go somewhere firearms are prohibited such as the courthouse or a federal building. it is a good non lethal deterant . 

It's illegal herd so nope

Even if it wasn't, I wouldn't comfortable with knowing shitload of people being armed

That would make me feel unsafe to be honest, but well that's me:P

I can respect your opinion on that, If I did not grow up around guns and handle them as a part of my daily life I could seem the reason for concern. With all the hype about gun control I'm not sure where they get the numbers from, but here in my state of Pennsylvania every firearm sold at a gun shop must have a state run instant back ground check run on the buyer , all hand guns are registered and you can not transfer a hand gun with out going to a dealer and getting the back ground check done for the new owner before the sale can be complete. To be allowed to carry concealed you have to go to your county sheriffs office and fill out a application for a license to carry an firearm concealed even if you are just transporting it to the range for target practice. After you submit the app and a full background check is done by the sheriffs office reference letters are mailed to people that know you and after they are returned the sheriff will mail you your card. You have to be over the age of 21 for any of this to even be an option, So I feel that nearly all legally owned and carried firearms in my state are carried by safe and responsible adults that would never commit a crime, but just might be able to save a life someday 

I'll take my Glock 29 camping and hiking, but I rarely open carry it. It's small enough to conceal, but half of the places I go you are not allowed to carry any weapons.

Dear, is the american way of thinking about weapons, different from what we have here in Europe, we are not so used to it being illegal to carry them unless you bring in the car to go to practice with them in sport shooting club. But if other weapons, such as knives, many usually wear on top or in the car.

It's rather strange that so many americans have weapons.. Earlier today I read a news item about an university who's students are all forced to carry a gun with them now because of the so many shooting accidents that happen in schools in america.. well i don't know, but that would only make me feel more unsafe, anyone could shoot you at any time lol. Maybe if america would actually make guns illegal there would be less dead people and probably also a few less people in prison lol

Even if they do a background check and whatever else on someone i still wouldn't trust all those people with a gun. You never know what goes on in their head + if there's so many people with a gun then it's also easier for the crazy messed up people to steal one and shoot someone. Even cops murder innocent people, so yeah.. I wouldn't trust them lol

Europe > America for sure.

• Platinum VIP

Maybe if america would actually make guns illegal there would be less dead people and probably also a few less people in prison lol

if it would be as easy as it sounds they would maybe do it, the problem is the strong lobby from the weaponindustry, because america earns a lot of money from people who are buying weapons and munition, thats why it is so hard to change that system (correct me if Im wrong)

Research (too lazy to look up) has shown that carrying a gun might be more dangerous. If you get robbed by some-one with a gun, and you feel the need to get your gun under his face as well, good chance you indeed get shot. I guess everyone who uses their gun "for evil" aims first at those with a gun "for good".

No, I would feel safer without a gun.

• Like 1