Do you carry a firearm when they leave their home?

Medic Kane

Research (too lazy to look up) has shown that carrying a gun might be more dangerous. If you get robbed by some-one with a gun, and you feel the need to get your gun under his face as well, good chance you indeed get shot. I guess everyone who uses their gun "for evil" aims first at those with a gun "for good".

No, I would feel safer without a gun.

well, if you're dumb enough to go for the draw when someone already as a firearm pointed at you, you're likely not smart enough to feed yourself, and I'd wonder who let you out in public without your helmet!

Alexandra: don't suppose you have the link? I'd not heard that. 
As to crime, any part of Europe is going to be more ethnically and culturally homogeneous then America. A large part of the criminal element in this country exists because of:

Drugs, Welfare, and illegal aliens. 
If we stopped criminalizing minor drugs such as marijuana, and treated Meth as the serious danger that is is and executed dealers and users crime would go down.

IF we stopped giving lazy people money for not working, crime would go down.

If we deported people who were not here legally, like most of Europe does, we'd have less crime....

But as a matter of fact, I do live in a very safe place. We've no need for local police, the State Troopers respond (eventually) in our area. Most of what they do is traffic related (speeding, DUI checkpoints, accident investigations). I don't lock my doors, and I let the keys in my cars. However, just because I live in a safe place does not mean I live in Candyland. Bad things happen everywhere, criminals are mobile, & I've worked as a paramedic long enough to have met a lot of crazies. Europe has had its fair share of school shootings, despite much lower and restrictive  access to firearms. 

Personal safety is an individual responsibility, no one else can keep you safe. Before my son was born I did not carry - Now that I am responsible for him, I feel I have to fulfill my responsibility. 

Edited by Medic Kane
  • Like 1

we have topic where people can disscuss about guns they own, so imo this should be closed since this is getting bit off topic and stop it b4 it goes overboard.

Unless people could keep it to topic.

I do not. Currently in NYS you are required to APPLY for a pistol permit, then you have to wat 6-12+ months ad wait for them to tell you if you can or can't exercise your 2nd amendment right.

If/When I am approved, I will carry daily.

we have topic where people can disscuss about guns they own, so imo this should be closed since this is getting bit off topic and stop it b4 it goes overboard.

No reason to lock.

He asked a question. People who come to start a debate are the issue, and should refrain from posting if they have nothing RELEVANT to contribute to the poster's topic.

• Like 2

No reason to lock.

He asked a question. People who come to start a debate are the issue, and should refrain from posting if they have nothing RELEVANT to contribute to the poster's topic.

Agreed. He asked only if "you carry a firearm when you leave home", and that was all, he didnt asked if it was safest in America, Europe, Asia, or any other place..

So, please stay out of this topic if you want to start a debate. Thanks.

well, if you're dumb enough to go for the draw when someone already as a firearm pointed at you, you're likely not smart enough to feed yourself, and I'd wonder who let you out in public without your helmet!

Alexandra: don't suppose you have the link? I'd not heard that. 

As to crime, any part of Europe is going to be more ethnically and culturally homogeneous then America. A large part of the criminal element in this country exists because of:

Drugs, Welfare, and illegal aliens. 

If we stopped criminalizing minor drugs such as marijuana, and treated Meth as the serious danger that is is and executed dealers and users crime would go down.

IF we stopped giving lazy people money for not working, crime would go down.

If we deported people who were not here legally, like most of Europe does, we'd have less crime....

But as a matter of fact, I do live in a very safe place. We've no need for local police, the State Troopers respond (eventually) in our area. Most of what they do is traffic related (speeding, DUI checkpoints, accident investigations). I don't lock my doors, and I let the keys in my cars. However, just because I live in a safe place does not mean I live in Candyland. Bad things happen everywhere, criminals are mobile, & I've worked as a paramedic long enough to have met a lot of crazies. Europe has had its fair share of school shootings, despite much lower and restrictive  access to firearms. 

Personal safety is an individual responsibility, no one else can keep you safe. Before my son was born I did not carry - Now that I am responsible for him, I feel I have to fulfill my responsibility. 

Euhmmmm...

School shooting:

The World

The US

:ph34r:

ps. I know about it being wikipedia and I'm in fact not anti-gun, just googled it and went... Mmm okay , there might be something going on :P

Edited by DrJoske

This isn't a gun debate thread, there are others for that... or create your own. Try sticking to the original topic please?

And to add to my previous post, If/When approved, I plan to carry concealed only. I also don't believe NY allows open carry, but I'd prefer people not knowing that I am carrying. That is my business only IMO.

• Administrators

It's rather strange that so many americans have weapons.. Earlier today I read a news item about an university who's students are all forced to carry a gun with them now because of the so many shooting accidents that happen in schools in america.. well i don't know, but that would only make me feel more unsafe, anyone could shoot you at any time lol. Maybe if america would actually make guns illegal there would be less dead people and probably also a few less people in prison lol

Even if they do a background check and whatever else on someone i still wouldn't trust all those people with a gun. You never know what goes on in their head + if there's so many people with a gun then it's also easier for the crazy messed up people to steal one and shoot someone. Even cops murder innocent people, so yeah.. I wouldn't trust them lol

Europe > America for sure.

Actually most American's do not own any weapons. There are shootings in school in Europe, the recent one that comes to mind in Finland guy killed 11 then a kid in Germany killed 16, last year in France a guy killed 3 kids and a teacher in front of the school. There are many people in Europe that own firearms, actually Serbia is 2nd in the world when it comes to gun ownership. Could you provide the link to this news about this university? When it comes to Holland itself when I was stopped at a traffic light in Amsterdam a guy pulled out a gun on me and my kids because I guess I looked at him wrong.

Actually most American's do not own any weapons. There are shootings in school in Europe, the recent one that comes to mind in Finland guy killed 11 then a kid in Germany killed 16, last year in France a guy killed 3 kids and a teacher in front of the school. There are many people in Europe that own firearms, actually Serbia is 2nd in the world when it comes to gun ownership. Could you provide the link to this news about this university? When it comes to Holland itself when I was stopped at a traffic light in Amsterdam a guy pulled out a gun on me and my kids because I guess I looked at him wrong.

Not all countries in Europe are alright, the police in Serbia, Bosnia and all those countries around there are all corrupt and stuff.. I've been to Bosnia, I know you're from there, but I'm not going there again and also not any of those other countries around there. Well yeah I guess in every country there are crazy people though who pull a gun.. but not in any city in my country you see half of the people walking around with guns lol.. and we're not allowed at all to actually take a gun to college lol

At the train station in my own city Raziel got treatened by a guy when he and yellow flash visited me.. Raziel couldn't understand him but I could and I tried to calm that guy down, glad he did and went away.. that guy wasn't dutch though. If there were less immigrants in holland there would be less crime here. I'm not racist but it is true that they're the ones causing the most problems in my country. Ofcourse there are a lot of nice immigrants, but the ones causing trouble should be sent back to their own country and cause some problem there lol.

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1013/Buitenland/article/detail/3420830/2013/04/05/Universiteit-laat-wapens-toe-maar-verbiedt-dansen-en-zoenen.dhtml  have fun reading in dutch

I feel safer in Bosnia then I did in Holland. Your link is broken

I didn't really feel safe in Bosnia with all mines everywhere and creepy people asking me for money

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1013/Buitenland/article/detail/3420830/2013/04/05/Universiteit-laat-wapens-toe-maar-verbiedt-dansen-en-zoenen.dhtml

probably broken because i wrote "have fun reading in dutch" after the link lol

If you have the right to carry firearms you loose the right to whine about children getting shot @ school ,  americans still think its safer to carry ^^ you shoold become catholic to and dont use condoms and just screw around :). Omg i am so glad there is so mutch water between us :)

Edited by detoren
  • Like 1

If you have the right to carry firearms you loose the right to whine about children getting shot @ school ,  americans still think its safer to carry ^^ you shoold become catholic to and dont use condoms and just screw around :). Omg i am so glad there is so mutch water between us :)

Funny, I am American and believe none of that :P

• Platinum VIP

The 'problem' with the USA is that you cant really compare it to any europian country, if you want to make a real equation about where it is safer then put USA on one side and west-europe on the other and you'll see the difference is close to nothing

There is no human right more precious or more vulnerable the world over than the right of self defense. Ask any Libyan, Syrian, Bosnian or Serb or Croat. 

However, a wise person once said:

The only people who should know that one is armed is one's self and the person that one just used it on. Here in the US, concealed means concealed.

• Administrators

Alexandra that article is about a Christian University that will allow students to carry guns on campus but they have to report first to the campus police, also that "university" is mostly online with having one campus in Virginia. I bet if you speak to the actual students you will find this "news" to be far from truth. If you did not feel safe in Bosnia I suggest you never go to Jamaica or Mexico then. Sure there are some mines left over in Bosnia but nowhere where a tourist might go.