700 ping. What do we do?

Had this guy on Beginners last night called Killzone8181 and he had a ping from 680 to 800. Never saw it go below 650. 

What should we do about players with that high ping? For me, it think its a way to high ping so i asked him if he could fix it but i didn't get any answer so i started to warn him. 

post-7675-0-51627200-1364489993_thumb.jpg

post-7675-0-37689000-1364490010_thumb.jpg

Tell him to stop downloading or streaming when he is playing if it affects other players, in my opinion  you did good but I am not the boss  :embrass

If it is affecting if others can kill them (teleporting- he jumps from one spot to another making it hard/impossible to kill or get aim on him) then it needs to be addressed. Try talking them through ways to get their ping/lagging sorted out. If nothing works, ask them to log off game completely & restart & rejoin. If that does not solve it or you get no response from them, respectfully give the 3 !warn's a few minutes apart with the phrase "Your ping is putting other players at a disadvantage. Please sort out your ping/lagging and rejoin server."

If it is not causing this disadvantage, let them play on.

Just my opinion here, but many servers have an auto kick for a ping that is to high. I agree with this, it is unnecessary strain on the server and sucks for others. There is no way he could have been playing with a ping that high, at least not playing well. I say warn, then kick. You were justified in your actions. My 2 cents.

Just my opinion here, but many servers have an auto kick for a ping that is to high. I agree with this, it is unnecessary strain on the server and sucks for others. There is no way he could have been playing with a ping that high, at least not playing well. I say warn, then kick. You were justified in your actions. My 2 cents.

I have had 600-700 ping on other servers (not ours) and it was smooth as GIJoe's..... er...... Gubbi's....... er....... a baby's bottom.

So you have to look at it on a case by case basis. Can't just automatically kick a player because he has high ping.

I think lag is often associated with high pings, but lag is the amount the ping changes. So 680~700 is not as bad as 250~300. (but I could be wrong)

I believe anything above 450ping has a chance to affect game play. If you determine that the player is causing or having issues ask them to sort it out by stop downloading if they are. Try to communicate with them. Then you may issue warn x3 as usual.  Important to remember that all high pings may not have issues. A low ping with a crappy video card can cause just as many issues. So spec with lag and FPS  meter on if you can.

/cg_drawlagometer

/cg_drawfps

Yeah i agree with you funk. I remember when you always complained about my ping. And I didn't lag around (as I saw it). And if remember right, the server was pretty full as well.

Sorry if I did wrong but he wasn't able to play and I tried to talk to him but without any answer.