ET keeps switching to desktop randomly

Pyro

Hello, I don't know if anyone has ever had this problem, but my ET (fullscreen) randomly switches to desktop as if I pressed alt+tab. I would temporarily lose control of ET and an arrow would appear in the centre, (fullscreened ET does not allow me to multi task unless I switched to window). This happens randomly, usually on a 2 minute interval. If anyone has experienced something similar (this is pretty strange), please share a fix. :(

Only time I've had this happen is when something has crashed in the background, or when AVG had just finished installing an update. Next time it happens have a look at your taskbar to see if anything is there that shouldn't be :)

• Leader

I have had background programs pop up mouse pointers and little windows over ET, but never take the focus. 

I wonder if it is a background program that is taking the focus, but shutting its own display off before the OS has time to switch over and you end up with a mystery.

Heretic121 finished typing his answer before mine!

• Like 1

I minimized programs running silently in the background and it seems to help with the randomness. It still happens once in a while but I can deal with it. Thanks all