can i play tf2 ?

rajaah thunder

do u think my system can handle tf2 in a playable way?

ram - 2.5 gb 

processor - Genuine Intel® CPU T2300 @ 1.66GHz × 2

graphics - Intel® 945GM x86/MMX/SSE2 

os - ubuntu 11.10 [ will install windows xp sp2 shortly ]

CPU: Pentium 4/Athlon XP or better
CPU Speed: 1.7 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: DirectX 8.1 compatible video card (NVIDIA GeForce4+ / ATI Radeon 8500+)
Sound Card: Yes
Free Disk Space: 5 GB

those are the minimum requirements

oh . then i think i wud play it . i looks an amazing game . but i have a problem ... the esc key no longer works and so , is there a way to rebind the esc key to something else  , say a function key ? 

And one more thing , my download speed sucks . and moreover , i cant download it in one  go . any suggestions ? 

edit : i might even buy a wireless keyboard if it aint too disadvantageous to play with wireless keyboard .

You will have to download it in one go via steam, that's the only way to get it, unfortunately. It may take a while, but you can do it. You can rebind the escape key via the options menu in game.

• Like 1

well, you can actually just close Steam

It will resume the download on start up so you don't have to download it in one go

and why install xp for tf2, tf2/steam got ported to linux :P

Edited by DrJoske

According to my experience (could be different for everyone else) TF2 on Linux is highly unstable... It crashed the OS 4 times before even joining a server that bad I had to reisub every time...

According to my experience (could be different for everyone else) TF2 on Linux is highly unstable... It crashed the OS 4 times before even joining a server that bad I had to reisub every time...

I havent been able to play through a single game without TF2 crashing on Linux either. You arent alone.

@thunder -- there isnt any disadvantages to playing with a wireless keyboard unless your batteries die of course. Ive been using one for over a year with no problems. If you want to play TF2 shoot me an add on Steam. I play that almost daily 

I havent been able to play through a single game without TF2 crashing on Linux either. You arent alone.

@thunder -- there isnt any disadvantages to playing with a wireless keyboard unless your batteries die of course. Ive been using one for over a year with no problems. If you want to play TF2 shoot me an add on Steam. I play that almost daily 

thanks man . Scouring for an xp cd from my friends . Will catch you soon . And i need help to recover my grub once i install windows.