Beginners even Rotation

Even Rotation?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Rotation should be even or stay the same?

lol GI-Joe, u got it perfect. I just wanted to see if other people felt the same way as I did, but just to explain a bit, what happens right now is that the older maps (older rotation) comes up about 3 times, and at the end of those 3 times, new maps come in. I mean while broadcast, district and older maps come in 3 times, new maps only once, so they just come up few times a day. I really appreciate the new rotation, dont get me wrong please, just would have liked to see more of the new maps to. Its ok right now though... ITs just an opinion eh

Completely agree, I enjoy the newly added maps. It's refreshing, but for some reason we just don't see them that much. Just as Alex said, you will go through district, pipeline and broadcast much more than you will ever see overgrown, creek, downpour and wetwork. Its probably 3:1, that is about right Alex. Although its nice with the new maps, it takes forever to get to then. Which then cause it to get boring running around slaying on the same maps until the others show up.

The way I see it:

There was the old rotation, we voted on a new rotation and Speed selected X numbers of maps to add. The old rotation maps are still all there. The new rotation maps were added to the end of the old map rotation. The result as a whole are maps that got voted in for the new rotation that were in the last appear twice and the new maps from the new voting appear once. It looks to me that the old rotation goes in order and then the new rotation happens after that, bunching all the new ones together. Also a small note I added to the tracker, there is a point where console and the !nextmap announce the next map as Chinatown but Broadcast loads. Broadcast is the rotation twice, Chinatown once.

PS: I hope this makes sense lol. It does to me but rereading it may not for others.

Edited by UAdave

It was all a new rotation...it just happens that all the "new maps" people voted for ended up at the rear end of it by coincidence....I could be wrong but I think you guys are confusing the first 3/4 of the rotation as the old rotation and then we slapped on some maps that hadn't been in the rotation for a while...but really it' was all a completely new rotation...speed spent a few hours working on it for you guys based on your feedback here http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/44292-place-vote-here-for-beginners-map-rotation/ .

The fact of the matter is there are only so many maps we have available for a rotation because we are a ranked server, and since we thought it would be better to have a larger rotation rather than a small one that people get bored with quickly and complain about needing a new one after a few weeks, we needed to add more maps to round it out. Therefore we had to dip into some maps that didn't have as many votes (though in the two years I've been with F|A it doesn't seem to matter what we do, people are always going to complain about something :P)

Against my better judgement, If enough people request it, I can re-arrange the current rotation a bit so it's a bit more varied. (being fully aware that there are still going to be people to complain about it)

Against my better judgement, If enough people request it, I can re-arrange the current rotation a bit so it's a bit more varied. (being fully aware that there are still going to be people to complain about it)

Stop being a nice guy, let them suffer. <_<

• Like 2

It seems to me, and others, I think, that maps are coming up twice before other maps come up once. Was this the intent of the new rotation, or a mistake? Aside from sitting through the entire rotation with pen and paper and making a tally, can this be verified? 

Not complaining about new or old rotation at all, this has nothing to do with the maps within the rotation. I believe that there is a problem in how the server is handling the rotation. It may not be related to how the new rotation was implemented at all. The problem is if you spend 3 hours (or so) in the server, you will play broadcast district and pipeline (read maps from old rotation) 9 times and wetwork downpour and overgrown (maps added to current rotation) 3 times. At least in my experience, the maps from the old rotation are seen far more frequent than the maps added to the current rotation, I think that is the main thing that people are talking about and correct me if I am wrong or out of place in saying so. Unless there is an admin in the server doing a change maps command silently somehow. The server will literally go broadcast, 2-3 other maps that I can't remember exactly, then it will play boardcast again, not completing the rotation entirely. That is what I am seeing at least, if other aren't seeing it that way, then I will continue to enjoy the server and drop it.

Edited by The_Dom

Seemed much better tonight, don't know if you changed something or if whatever bug was in the system finally died. But it seemed like everything was changing correctly.