I have been banned...

Midnight

Question

So this eveing when I logged onto Abner I got the first screenshot attached (PB).  Then I tried again after a minute and it said server disconnected.  So what do I do next, well I try a third time and I get the second screenshot (Ummm).  It seems as though I have been banned from Abnerdog. 

I have seen this message below while in game for players that try to enter.  IT would state that the person was kicked for needing to update PB and then followed with the player has been kicked due to a previous ban. 

If this is what the server is doing to many players, it certainly is not making it fun for them to play on.  So I ask what do I do?  Do I wait until the ban is lifted, with the possibility of being banned again (I have updated PB)? Or do I just quit playing on that server?

Please advise to this situation.  Plus I was unsure where to post this so I posted it here.

Thank you,

Midnight

post-8873-0-81519700-1363223763_thumb.png

post-8873-0-40877000-1363223771_thumb.png

Hi DareDevil ...

Yeah was busy last night watching my Kings game, and then watching them Visit the WhiteHouse this morning ... just logged back in to start reading through this thread to figure out what all else I need to do going forward ...

I guess now the 1200 min ban is up, so I can try logging in again ...

- but I need to download some program to record ? I have X-Fire but in reading thru here that's not enough ?

- try to recreate events that got the PB warning message

- run a CMD window and your listed instructions, save the info and add to the support ticket

or am I missing something  easier  you posted ?

yes, but try run the commands first, to make sure you can run them, and then try recreate and run cmds once you've recreated,

I think midnight was using camtasia to record his desktop and xfire to record his game, - because xfire only recorded the game window, and camtasia only showed a black screen when he alt+tabbed to the game.

I am curious to figure this out. I'm also afraid to hop onto a server streaming PBBans until this is figured out.

What programs have you installed in the past few weeks? Anything new?

Go to your programs and features folders. Make a list and we can look through it. Something has changed recently that created this error. Whether it's an update in Windows or a new driver for an onboard device is what we have to figure out.

I'll do what I can to help. I ran into this type of thing a few times when I was running GRC and I know how frustrating it is. Dealing with PBBans is nearly impossible unless you do all the legwork yourselves.

I'll try to do that tomorrow if I can get to it ... last couple days been busy taking my mom around to doctors appointments and keeping up with my Kings Hockey stuff ...

Haven't installed anything NEW that I know of, except the standard WIN 7 and such updates ... a google of this did lead to one report where they thought this might be the reason for the recent influx of false positive PB / EB bans ... but no one can confirm it as yet ....

been reading some people's MOUSE might cause this as well ? I'm using a CoolerMaster Storm SPAWN gaming mouse for over 6 months now ?

... the only other thing that DID change recently ... I've been trying to rework my FiOS home network, to add an additional WiFi access point / router, for better WiFi coverage ... and I've run into some hiccups trying to figure that out, I tried a different router (a Verizon FiOS Actiontec MI424WR rev. I GigE wireless N router) as my primary about a week ago, and this forced me to release the DHCP lease  from the original router (a Verizon FiOS Westell A90-9100EM15-10 rev. B) which I think means it assigned me a different IPS Addy ? but the Actiontec seemed to give me in game lag spikes or stutter hiccups (not really sure what, must have been some improper setting, but everything was on Factory defaults ?) so I switched back to the Westell Router the next day ... and then like a couple days later I get THIS PB ban ... so  I dunno ... that's hardware, and not software and don't think it caused any new files on my computer ? 

Also this site / server / clan ... http://www.xtremeidiots.com/index.php?/topic/35779-violation-aimbot-50710-is-now-fixed-on-xi-servers/ ... just said screw PB's and created a work around for this until PB and EB can figure this mess out ... NOT saying FA needs to do this, just pointing out other clans see this is also an issue and good people are being wrongly banned by some glitch or flaw.

Anyways ... I appreciate that you guys are willing to help, I put together this computer I have, but I am by no means a daily computer nerd type, and much of what I'm sure I'll need to do to fight this will be a learning curve for me, so bare with me ... and thanks again.

- Ash ( LAKF )

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan

This seems to be a rather disturbing trend.... anyone know if non-FA players have been affected? I'm a little nervous to go onto the server myself now (although anyone who's ever seen me on there knows my shooting indicates anything but an aimbot....)

This seems to be a rather disturbing trend.... anyone know if non-FA players have been affected? I'm a little nervous to go onto the server myself now (although anyone who's ever seen me on there knows my shooting indicates anything but an aimbot....)

Yes many non-FA players. To my knowledge 2 FA players have been affected thus far.

From LA's comment above, I have heard many people saying mouses but there doesn't seem to be a trend (I've heard Razer and Roccat mouses most commonly). That's the reason I asked you about AV since I heard AVG Free alot but both you and Midnight have something else. Dare is correct in having you gather info so it can hopefully help them in narrowing it down to something.

• Administrators

All this random blab... I clearly had told supply the "details" which I had posted in the ticket but still LA Kings Fan didn't supplied any. If you need help I am here but I can't make someone drink water. All I can do is give them but in the end it's the person who needs to drink it. 

Sooner or later his ticket would be denied because he hasn't supplied any single "proof" which I had told.

• Like 1

I am curious to figure this out. I'm also afraid to hop onto a server streaming PBBans until this is figured out.

What programs have you installed in the past few weeks? Anything new?

Go to your programs and features folders. Make a list and we can look through it. Something has changed recently that created this error. Whether it's an update in Windows or a new driver for an onboard device is what we have to figure out.

I'll do what I can to help. I ran into this type of thing a few times when I was running GRC and I know how frustrating it is. Dealing with PBBans is nearly impossible unless you do all the legwork yourselves.

Don't mistake PBbans a streaming anticheat service that enforces the bans and makes server admins life a lot easier in the never ending battle with hackers and Evenbalance who are the makers of PB and are responsible for the bans that are affecting midnight and L.A

As Dare has said numerous times though if people don't supply the details of what they where running at the time, the bans will not get overturned without the evidence to prove they are false positives.

• Like 1

Sorry guys ... I need additional HELP :embrass  , JAIE is being kind enough to try and help me in PM's, but he's 1/2 way around the globe and don't want to put it all on his shoulders alone ... so I thought I'd ask here too ...

I was able to finally figure out and run DareDevils command codes ... and got the FIVE .txt files (it's a total of 5 of them correct DareDevil ?) ... but how do I attach them either here or on the EB / PB support ticket, I just looks like a basic text box / note field and I don't know how to include attachments without a dummy button on the form or browser for me to click on ? HOW do I get them into the hands of the people that need to see them ?

I also downloaded LITECAM HD off of C|Net, does anyone know anything about it ? ... to try and record the Desktop & IN GAME evidence I may need, as reading this thread it seems like the other recording programs wouldn't work in recording BOTH at the same time ... haven't tried using it yet because I don't know how to go about trying to recreate the violation in game ... upon logging back onto the Abnerdog server yesterday I got can't join server and then the 1200 min ban again ... but no chance to go into game and see if I can get the AIMBOT Violation again ...

I was told to host a PunkBusters game Server myself, but I guess I’m confused about how to run/host a PB server game. I assume from the MAIN menu screen you mean select ‘START NEW SERVER’ rather than selecting ‘JOIN GAME’ like I would to join the FA Abnerdog server.

BUT then what Settings do I need to input for this NEW GAME ? ( Dedicated = NO / LAN / Internet ? , NO only option that seems to work ?), (PunkBuster = YES/NO, I assume YES ?) … but when I do this I’m in a game all by myself and running around doing nothing ?

Does this mean the Violation ISN'T being triggered ? or am I not getting in to the right type of PB server Game ?

LASTLY ... a rundown of my set-up so you know what I’m working with, it might help ?

COMPUTER RIG – (self built custom)

• Asus ROG Maximus IV Gene-Z68 Mother Board
  • Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 3.4 GHz (OC’d boost to 4.6 GHz)
  • Corsair Vengeance RAM 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz 1.5v
  • Sapphire TOXIC HD-6950 GPU unlocked & overclocked  (950 Mhz / 1400Mhz / 1536 shaders) basically an HD-6970
  • Using AMD catalyst 12.8 drivers for GPU video
  • Crucial M4 128 GB  SSD for Boot/OS drive
  • WD Caviar Black 1 TB HDD for Storage drive
  • WIN 7 Pro 64 bit SP1
  • CoolerMaster – Storm : SPAWN gaming Mouse
  • Internet connection is Verizon FiOS fiber-optic @ 25/25 Mbps or better
  • Using the FiOS WESTELL Ultraline series 3 9100em ROUTER
  • For Anti-Virus, I’m using Kaspersky PURE 2.0 and Malwarebytes Pro 1.7

GAME ... COD 4 is CD ver. 1.6 and using original CD Game Key, not Steam, and for load speed I stored COD 4 on my C:\ drive the SSD, if that makes any difference.

If there’s anymore information you need about my set-up let me know … wasn’t sure what all would be helpful for you to know …

THANKS AGAIN GUYS FOR ANYONE WILLING TO TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO HELP ME.   :thanks

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan

Alright so I am back.  Will work on this more.  Thanks for updating the scripts Dare.  They are working fine now.  Also I was going through the PB index today for COD 4 and I saw some other regulars got banned: GoldenDome2 and Miss_Fortune.  I hope they appeal their ban or work on getting it fixed.  If you see them I encourage you to send them to here to get it resolved.

Thank you!

Testing ... first time using MEDIAFIRE ... I assume this is how I will attach/send the .txt files ?

Can anyone tell me if this looks right ? I know these files aren't WHILE the AIMBOT Violation IS being triggered, still trying to figure out how to recreate that event.

IF I shouldn't be posting these here someone please tell me or delete this, thanks :embrass

Edited by daredevil
Your PC Info removed