How to get on to tent cover on Map "Strike"

Ol Smoke

jump from the stair rail thingy to the brick wall and then to the tent thingy. other way is when you play SnD. Then you jump on to the bomb plant and then up to the tent.

(out of brain capacity so thats why i write like a tard xD)

I saw a guy get up on this cover and snipe.  He got 35 kills from here.

But I cannot see how he got up there.  Do you know?

2hwfpzl.jpg

use strafe jump and 125fps or 250fps to get up there. afaik, 125fps is better for far jumps and 250 is better for high jumps. ordinary 125fps is enough to get up to the most common (and useful) places.

I saw a guy get up on this cover and snipe.  He got 35 kills from here.

But I cannot see how he got up there.  Do you know?

2hwfpzl.jpg

I could show you how. I go up there every time the map comes up. I jump from the window sill, onto the wall, and then onto the tent. Just need to tweak your fps as madara said. The way I take involves no strafes which you may or may not prefer

Hmm, this is first time I'm hearing of "straffe jumps" and FPS effecting jumps... could someone briefly describe? (ie: how do you change/control your FPS?) I assume a straffe jump is just shooting with a gun (rpg?) as you jump? Thx Cyen

Hmm, this is first time I'm hearing of "straffe jumps" and FPS effecting jumps... could someone briefly describe? (ie: how do you change/control your FPS?) I assume a straffe jump is just shooting with a gun (rpg?) as you jump? Thx Cyen

open console and type /com_maxfps 125 for example. and as for the strafe jumps you should have a look at youtube. there are some useful tutorials, you dont need rpg for it.

Hmm interesting - thanks Mad... so I googled it, and found this link: http://www.progaming-tips.com/cod4-config.html - so would this be considered hacks then? (the person comments about how some servers won't allow the "drawdecals" change). The FOV sounds more like a cheat to me, in that it lets people "see" more on their screen than the default view. The FPS doesn't sound like a cheat to me, as it's more about pushing the limits of your computer (assuming it can handle the fps). The "drawsun" also sounds more like a cheat to me, in that there are some spots on the maps where the sun creates a reflection making it difficult to see. Curious to get other opinions on this one :)

i advise you to create a new topic if you have any questions about your config, maybe someone can create you a config or at least share a good one. i dont see any reason why you shouldnt change things like fps, rate, fov.... every setting will give you a special gaming experience.

Hmm interesting - thanks Mad... so I googled it, and found this link: http://www.progaming-tips.com/cod4-config.html - so would this be considered hacks then? (the person comments about how some servers won't allow the "drawdecals" change). The FOV sounds more like a cheat to me, in that it lets people "see" more on their screen than the default view. The FPS doesn't sound like a cheat to me, as it's more about pushing the limits of your computer (assuming it can handle the fps). The "drawsun" also sounds more like a cheat to me, in that there are some spots on the maps where the sun creates a reflection making it difficult to see. Curious to get other opinions on this one :)

If you would like shoot me a private message and I can give you my config for you to try out and give give you a run down on some tweaking you can do on the game and whatnot

• Like 1