The piracy!!

Papito

When start the piracy?

I think is when you download something with TM and you sell it, is in it when you share or yes??

Waht do you think guys?

wut? im a pirate ahr matey, shiver me timbers

I have no sympathy for some actor or rock star making millions every year who loses ten percent of his sales because people share the music or movies they bought. Most people who were sharing warez weren't going to buy it anyway, they only copy it because it is available. Or they only wanted one song and didn't want to spend $15 for the whole record when all the other songs suck.

Maybe he was talking about butt pirates.

wut? im a pirate ahr matey, shiver me timbers

I r a pirate ! Look at my ps2 collection =P. All copied games (and my xbox 360 collection soon enough once i flash the drives)

Say that again. In English this time please :)

i think he meant 'when does piracy start'

When start the piracy?
I think is when you download something with TM and you sell it, is in it when you share or yes??
Waht do you think guys?

going by his second line , i thin he meant 'does it start when you download something trademarked ' or when you start sharing? (The answer being whichever you do first, though uploading is seen as far more serious than downloading - its like selling drugs and taking them. taking them is bad, but it only really directly affects you. if you sell , you 're effectivitly hitting several peoples lives since your giving them the opputinaty in the first place )

@

I have no sympathy for some actor or rock star making millions every year who loses ten percent of his sales because people share the music or movies they bought. Most people who were sharing warez weren't going to buy it anyway, they only copy it because it is available. Or they only wanted one song and didn't want to spend $15 for the whole record when all the other songs suck.

kinda reminded me of lily allen taking a stance against file sharing. i presume you mean that if the rolling stones lost some revenue it wouldent matter, but if the howling bells did it would? (that is , a much larger band could still rest on its laurels and get money from royalties and merchandise, but smaller 'myspace bands' wouldent have much leeway?

Its fair to say

Most people who were sharing warez weren't going to buy it anyway, they only copy it because it is available.

think about it. you got a choice between sitting on your fat arse, logging onto somerandomwarezforum.com , going into the music subforum and finding 37 different artist on the first page, or having to go out and flick through your local record store. the advantages are tempting ; you can simply type the artist you want and have it in a mo free of charge in a format ready to sync to your ipod or whatever. theres also the advantage that as the forum will have several uploaders from differnt backgrounds and cultres, they will all upload seperate things and going through the forum you may discover several new artists you may never have otherwise done, simply as you wouldent have paid to listen to all those artist in the first place.

As for

Or they only wanted one song and didn't want to spend $15 for the whole record when all the other songs suck
, this is also true. people just dont want to spend 1 dollar on a song from itunes when they can get the whole shebaz for free.

Cpurse, the problem is deterring. Statiscally, the single downloader wont be caught, and once people get this in their mind they sort of go into a set of mind of downloaidng without exepcting to be caught. And with good experience - that is they get ehat they eant, for free, no viruses, quaality is good - this is only becomes truer. Music and films are quite popular, as is pron - who wants to have that kind of detail on their credit card statement? Tv sereis are also popular, though one would imagine it would be easier to get the dvd if you havent got that much bandwitdh/time. Software - especially expensive software like adobe and abbey - is also popular, though people are more wary of downloading these owning to the possibilites of screwing up their pcs. Comics and ebooks are less thought of , but for those who dont mind ...

really, statiscially speaking, you probley wont get caught if you downloading the odd thing then and now especially if you do a bit of research first. however, the old addage is true - its best not to do in the first place (or else not on your pc/internet).

as for keeping 'backups' (flashing console games, ripping cds) i think its still a bit of grey area, but i would think so long as you dont share it it dosenty constitue as piracy.

• Administrators

i think he meant 'when does piracy start'

When start the piracy?
Waht do you think guys?

going by his second line , i thin he meant 'does it start when you download something trademarked ™ ' or when you start sharing? (The answer being whichever you do first, though uploading is seen as far more serious than downloading - its like selling drugs and taking them. taking them is bad, but it only really directly affects you. if you sell , you 're effectivitly hitting several peoples lives since your giving them the opputinaty in the first place )

@

kinda reminded me of lily allen taking a stance against file sharing. i presume you mean that if the rolling stones lost some revenue it wouldent matter, but if the howling bells did it would? (that is , a much larger band could still rest on its laurels and get money from royalties and merchandise, but smaller 'myspace bands' wouldent have much leeway?

Its fair to say

Most people who were sharing warez weren't going to buy it anyway, they only copy it because it is available.

think about it. you got a choice between sitting on your fat arse, logging onto somerandomwarezforum.com , going into the music subforum and finding 37 different artist on the first page, or having to go out and flick through your local record store. the advantages are tempting ; you can simply type the artist you want and have it in a mo free of charge in a format ready to sync to your ipod or whatever. theres also the advantage that as the forum will have several uploaders from differnt backgrounds and cultres, they will all upload seperate things and going through the forum you may discover several new artists you may never have otherwise done, simply as you wouldent have paid to listen to all those artist in the first place.

As for , this is also true. people just dont want to spend 1 dollar on a song from itunes when they can get the whole shebaz for free.

Cpurse, the problem is deterring. Statiscally, the single downloader wont be caught, and once people get this in their mind they sort of go into a set of mind of downloaidng without exepcting to be caught. And with good experience - that is they get ehat they eant, for free, no viruses, quaality is good - this is only becomes truer. Music and films are quite popular, as is pron - who wants to have that kind of detail on their credit card statement? Tv sereis are also popular, though one would imagine it would be easier to get the dvd if you havent got that much bandwitdh/time. Software - especially expensive software like adobe and abbey - is also popular, though people are more wary of downloading these owning to the possibilites of screwing up their pcs. Comics and ebooks are less thought of , but for those who dont mind ...

really, statiscially speaking, you probley wont get caught if you downloading the odd thing then and now especially if you do a bit of research first. however, the old addage is true - its best not to do in the first place (or else not on your pc/internet).

as for keeping 'backups' (flashing console games, ripping cds) i think its still a bit of grey area, but i would think so long as you dont share it it dosenty constitue as piracy.

i did not read this just gonna say fuk the riaa