Dayz or Arma 2 server

daredevil

Day-z if it's private

Arma II => are there enough people here on the forum actually playing mil sims :o

Ive got both but i enjoy day-z more coz there are much better fps games out but day-z is kinda unique and its really fun with friends. So imo day-z

Watching paint dry with friends is fun...

• Like 1

My friends are stalking me to get War Z, have you thought of getting it instead of dayz?

My friends are stalking me to get War Z, have you thought of getting it instead of dayz?

If you like being scammed go for it :P

Only stupid people buy that POS:

- They copy/pasted their old game (war inc or something)

- They been taken down from Steam (recently put back up though)

- One of the devs is the behind Big Rigs, probably the worst game ever

- They banned people so they would buy the game again

- They stole art from the walking dead

- The original TOS was copied from LOL

- The game is basicly pay 2 win with micro transactions => you can lose the stuff you bought with REAL money

Read here: http://warzscam.tumblr.com/post/38634146432/update-exclusive-war-z-trademark-suspended-game

All things combined: either buy Arma II for the dayz mod or wait for the dayz standalone

Edited by DrJoske
  • Like 1

• Administrators

It seems resource usage is extensive...I did more investigation.. grr should have done before..

http://www.gameservers.com/game_servers/dayz-hosting.php

75$/month... 

I checked the requirements... 

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7876-server-hosting-quick-faq/

SSD recommended.. 500 IOPS is killer... Scrap the idea of having a server for Dayz or Arma 2... 

If I add SSD and RAM in our machine it would bump the price of our dedicated server. Forget it. I never thought it would be so resource extensive.,,  SAS 15K drives are not cheap either...

RAM = 20$

SSD 120GB = 25$

BW is nor an issue for us and we can easily handle 2TB/month. But someone got to pay extra 45$/month for that.. and I am not going to be the one. :P

I was looking at new games to add for our community since we have 1-2GB of spare RAM on our server.. but the requirements are killer for DayZ or Arma. Amra2 is 4$/slot/month...

• Administrators

Maybe trackmania nations forever server ;)

Link to it please? If we can run anything within appx 1GB RAM and less IO usage sure we can go for it.

• Like 1

I have really been considering wither to buy this game *Dayz* or not, because I hear there is a game near completion just like this only slightly better =/ But now I might have to reconsider if you guys get a server o:

I have really been considering wither to buy this game *Dayz* or not, because I hear there is a game near completion just like this only slightly better =/ But now I might have to reconsider if you guys get a server o:

They don't get a server (too resource heavy)

Dayz isn't a game atm, it's a mod for Arma II

=> so you have to buy Arma II to play dayZ

The creator of the mod (Rocket), now works for Bohemia (makers of Arma II) on a Dayz standalone

There is a ripoff 'game' called warz, but that one is a pos/scam :P

Edited by DrJoske