F|A STOPWATCH SERVER - Enemy Territory Gaming

daredevil

wtf? offensive? check ur standards!... see more in other topics...

Masa_1964

Unfortunately as a female I find your signature offensive and feel myself very uncomfortable. When I see signatures like yours I just understand that this is *only for boys* space and I am in a wrong place, but hell ye maybe its time to change my standards. I am heading towards strip bar next week . Thanks for the advice +1.

Anyway...back to the server..

People who complain about tj do so because they fail to tj or to defend :P
stopwatch server
you have the same chances and choices that the adversary
is not like the other server where you just defends or attacks
the point is how each team will deal with these options attacking or defending
the server is diferent from the others
also should have different rules...i agree with weapons allowed depending on the number of players
prohibit things that rely on skill
is the same as saying that a person should not hit so many hs

I actually against any trickjumping since I think that tj is a bug of the game engine, but no one will listen to me especially players who spent nights tjumping back when game was released. And I don't see how whining about tj is related to failing things in game. If there is a wall and u have to blow it to do the mission , tj over it just doesn't make any sense and it is against the concept/idea of the game/map. But again, no point in explaining-no one will listen.

SW server is not a dedicated scrim server and only for pro gamers. It is open to all gamers with all skills and experiences, and talking about *teams ability to deal with whatever*-sorry it is a joke. Teams are never fixed and will be made of ppl present on the server at the time. Ppl are talking about weapons, allowing this not allowing that, but tj (that is exceptionally depends on skill) is allowed regardless of the number of players. And we have plenty of 1 month players owning only with panzas. This is the skill they have, why eliminate it?..after all you agree that it *is the same as saying that a person should not hit so many hs* Anyway..who cares..no one will listen..

Anyway, server is nice..just don't make it too *exceptional and different*, noobs (like me)  also want to play....(and don't tell me go and play HC :) )

Thanks for your time.

Today at some point it was 7vs7 or more, it's nice to see it populated, and it's still fun even with 2vs2

What time is was? And say where do you from, for to know what times is it in my home :)

Edited by Dhmo

• Clan Friend

I actually against any trickjumping since I think that tj is a bug of the game engine, but no one will listen to me especially players who spent nights tjumping back when game was released.

Trickjumps aren't a bug, the game coders knew about trickjumps (they were there since Quake), and they didn't remove them.

Of course it's a technique hard to learn, and it's not in the game manual, but things like "don't attack enemies when they are just about to respawn, unless necessary" aren't in the manual either.

And many times trying to trickjump just for the show is an useless fail. Only in some cases it's really useful. For example I often jump the side entrance in Frostbite just to be killed easily by whoever was there.

Of course it's up to players to decide what's allowed and what's not, for example going inside walls is done in trickjump servers, but forbidden in competitions, because it's regarded more as a 'bug', so it could be just an arbitrary thing and maybe you're right.

If in Braundorf I push someone proning inside the wall close to main gate, it would be forbidden in competitions. If I switch to covert and I take an uni after we get the flag, and I open, it would be allowed. If someone jumps on my head at side, and walks to the window and inside cp room, it would be still allowed there. So you don't have only trickjumps, you have player 'stacking' (e.g. supply depot west rock), coverts... people who defend must just be careful, that's all.

SW server is not a dedicated scrim server and only for pro gamers. It is open to all gamers with all skills and experiences, and talking about *teams ability to deal with whatever*-sorry it is a joke. Teams are never fixed and will be made of ppl present on the server at the time. Ppl are talking about weapons, allowing this not allowing that, but tj (that is exceptionally depends on skill) is allowed regardless of the number of players.

Well, it's a fun server.

Sometimes I make others lose (we made a 3on3 in supply, where I was leagues behind Tulsa, both skill-wise and tactically, and we lost) sometimes others make me lose (after that map it was 2on2 in Bremen and we were winning, then another player joined and we lost, because he just tkilled with fail airstrikes, and did nothing particularly useful) but it's just for fun, if it was for 'pro players' I couldn't even play. I make huge fails myself, so I must be tolerant with others.

But I don't agree with playing different kind of games for different skill levels. When little kids learn chess, they play chess, they don't change the rules in order to make a different game for kids. Of course they make a lot of mistakes, and they play in a way that's much more naive and 'random', but they play with the same rules as pros. Why shouldn't it be so for Enemy Territory as well?

p.s.

@Dhmo

I play from Europe, and it was around 7-8 pm (cet)

• Like 1

But I don't agree with playing different kind of games for different skill levels. When little kids learn chess, they play chess, they don't change the rules in order to make a different game for kids. Of course they make a lot of mistakes, and they play in a way that's much more naive and 'random', but they play with the same rules as pros. Why shouldn't it be so for Enemy Territory as well?

Absolutely, except why change rules to make it only for pros?  Eliminating weapons is =to making rules. Then why make rules only for a specific group? Anyway -drop that topic, its pointless. :)

Anyway :P

When it comes on server limiting weapons we usually with players there on warmup agree on few points if its less than 4v4 we usually agree not to use mines or side entrance on some maps. its more like agreement than rule.

• Like 2

• Clan Friend

Absolutely, except why change rules to make it only for pros?  Eliminating weapons is =to making rules.

I don't view it as "making the game for pros", for me it's "making the game less random, or based on spammy weapons" (which might be the same actually :P)

I know it's a stopwatch server, so every team has the same chances with any given setting, but you can't tell "give an aimbot to everyone, since everyone has it, then it's fair" it would be maybe fair, but it would destroy the purpose of the game, or in any case make it 'uglier' and less interesting.

The same thing would be a 3vs3 with someone camping with flamer in the control rooms in sp_delivery, when one of his team mates has panzer and the other rifle.

But ok, let's drop it, I perfectly understood your point and I respect it, only I don't want to pass as some kind of ET elitist because that's not the spirit of my post, I just think the game is uglier and less interesting if played in some ways, that's all.

Absolutely, except why change rules to make it only for pros?  Eliminating weapons is =to making rules. Then why make rules only for a specific group? Anyway -drop that topic, its pointless. :)

Anyway :P

There are 4 jaymod servers , 3 public silentmod servers and 3 no quarter servers . Some people in the clan did want a vanilla server and there it is. There is only one server like that , why make it like others . Theres no point in having silent #3

When it comes on server limiting weapons we usually with players there on warmup agree on few points if its less than 4v4 we usually agree not to use mines or side entrance on some maps. its more like agreement than rule.

This sounds like the most reasonable solution of all +1 :)

And as I said before, just try not to make the server too *different and exceptional* and for a specific group of ppl. If you can (?) find a happy middle.

Clanbase cfgs ( the one we are trying to base SW server on ) was created by competition experts. It was made to make the game the most fair and enjoyable possible. It's beign used by most competitions ( like nations cup ).

I played 3v3 on SW server recently. My team had double damage and accuracy of the oponnent team and we got full hold at supply without we could even do something. The oponnent team put done plenty of mines everywhere in the map. We couldn't even try to do objective without getting blasted by mines . It's easy to get 2man kills with mines and since in 3s it's 2/3 of the team there is a reason why mines are normally disallowed in 3v3. It's just unfair for the attacking team.

It's common sense to not use mines , rifle and panzer in 3v3. Why play on objective SW server if you play the same way you play than on jaymod servers.

Ex: There is a guy that uses panzer on allies. He kills the 3 oponnent axis players  with his panzer and give them full 30 sec spawn.

Allies have time to cap flag and plent both entrance.

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

This sounds like the most reasonable solution of all +1 :)

And as I said before, just try not to make the server too *different and exceptional* and for a specific group of ppl. If you can (?) find a happy middle.

We are talking about default ET settings here, the only nonstandard thing would be disabling some weapons, if they ever do it.

It's jaymod the exceptional one. In the past all these mods didn't even exist. And I agree that official configs were tweaked with time by people playing that way 24/7, so if they eventually decided not to use weapons like flamethrower (among players who were all equally skilled) there had to be a reason. I can't read people's mind so I can only guess why.

Anyway I don't complain if they pick unfair weapons, I just finished playing and we were losing badly, one in axis had rifle grenades in 2vs2, I didn't say a thing, I just play. They even put mines when we were obviously the losing team (my team mate played engineer when there was nothing to build, never selfkilled and was always in full spawn, enough said) with 0 chance of winning. Didn't say a word even for that.

I'm happy that there is a server where people can play for the objective and I play, whichever the settings are, often teams are unbalanced but I see it as a way to improve and try harder.

• Like 1