COD4 Awards Suggestion

speedfact

Hey so I have been thinking. I understand we have two types of awards right now (KDR and most kills) but I was wondering if we could expand out more. I was think we could add maybe 3 or 4 awards cause the kdr and most kills seems to have been getting little out of reach for most people, making it lack in the number of people willing to even try.

Some awards I was thinking:

Most Kills with an RPG

Most Kills with a Claymore

Most Kills with an Airstrike

Most kills with C4

Rules are sort of simple (if you can think of better way of putting them I’m all ears)

It only counts if it is one (RPG,Claymore, AS, Grenade) no multi usage allowed....so you can’t plant 2 clays and count that as one.

It has to be on FA servers

They have to submit it in full SS format so we can see the kills. Here is an example of submission:

post-3693-0-42655900-1361742292_thumb.jpg

This would be a submission for Most kills with C4 Award. Then the next person would have to get 5 kills.

Gubbi also made a great suggestion. Instead of giving them VIP status after so many wins, could we possibly change lvl2 on the admin scale from Learning Admin lvl2 to Award winner. We could also strip down the commands and just give them fun command (I mean I don’t think they would need pl, checkadmin). Since I don’t think we use lvl2 that much...

Think it would bring more people to forums.

Side note, this will pretty much have same layout as the KDR and Most kills award. It will be monthly, so it will give people plenty of chances to have at it. Then I was also thinking at the end of the year we pick the top guy from each category and give the Killer of the year award or something...

So what do you all think? I mean I'll have to find a better way to explain rules...and iron out some stuff.

Edited by speedfact
  • Like 4

I like the idea. Definitely sounds fun and trackable. Maybe we could add a banner to run in the console messages trying to promote it as well.

I like the idea...we can rename admin level 2 or level 1?

Level 1 or level 2 doesn't matter. I think I use level 1 more often than level 2 if I set some regular, therefore I suggested level 2.

We should have awards that are voted on by members for things such as most creative kill, or things such as most kills in 10 seconds, etc. They would need a recorded video of course.

Like the idea, but why always focus on the best player killing? Like to see something which also underlines other important things. Couldn't we implent a consolation price for worst KDR? Or something about creating ambiance or tackling cheaters?

We should have awards that are voted on by members for things such as most creative kill, or things such as most kills in 10 seconds, etc. They would need a recorded video of course.

I like this, but the main problem is that the people being in charge of those awards are already busy enough and watching enough demo's of cheaters, so I don't think that they really like to watch more demos of people to find the most creative things.

Like the idea, but why always focus on the best player killing? Like to see something which also underlines other important things. Couldn't we implent a consolation price for worst KDR? Or something about creating ambiance or tackling cheaters?

Worst KDR is easiest to get for someone, how can you know that this KDR was not done on purpose?

The typical "award" would be promotions for people that are helpful and nice on server and forum.

• Like 1