Windows 8 and E.T

ExCaL

Hello everybody.Im going to buy me a new pc,and the "problem" is that its running on windows 8.

Now my questions are.Does E.T run normally on windows 8 or what changes do i have to make to get it running.

I read about saving my etkey and paste it into the new E.T map on the new pc.But i cant find my E.T key in my etmain map! So do i need to do a complete new install on my new pc? Maybe i can copy my complete E.T map (with everything) on my new pc? But i searched my complete map and i cant even find the old school install button anymore!! So i think im not able to install it when i copy everything :(

Yes yes i know some of you now probably say "yeez what a noob" and yes i am when it comes to simple stuff like this.

So i probably need to download E.T and install it all fresh?? And is there some other way to get my etkey and copy it into the new pc so my xp etc doesnt get lost?? Any changes i have to make to get running on windows 8???

thx ExC

:noob

ET runs fine on Win 8, any problems you might encounter would be the same as 7, or at least I had no problems doing a fresh install. Of course you will want to "Run as Administrator" though when you do.. As for the etkey, it should be there right where it has always been..

Wow thats fast Chrone :)living on forums 24/7 hahaha?

Ok so a fresh install is the best i think.Running it as administrator.Is this the link i can use to get the complete E.T 2.60b version? http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/40147-enemy-territory-full-version-enemy-territory-software/ ? But when it comes to the etkey,,im still looking for it in the main maps etc but still cant find it! But thx for the quick response for now.

ExC

Wait i just found the etkey in main i think.but i cant open it to look into it.Its the little white icon white those familiar little symbols in it hhahahaaa. So if i copy this into the new etmain map thats going to be on my new pc then it should save my profile and key?? Lol when im reading this im starting to feel and look like an ubernoob when it comes to installing stuff on pc etc.

ExC

Wait i just found the etkey in main i think.but i cant open it to look into it.Its the little white icon white those familiar little symbols in it hhahahaaa. So if i copy this into the new etmain map thats going to be on my new pc then it should save my profile and key?? Lol when im reading this im starting to feel and look like an ubernoob when it comes to installing stuff on pc etc.

ExC

Just open it with notepad, wordpad, whatever. Works fine (but no real reason to open it :P)

but yeah you just have to copy that file into the main on your new pc ^^

Yes "etkey" is the 1kb in size file. And in description its just a "file" with no extensions.

For you profile you should get etconfig.cfg file from corresponding mod folder: C:\...\ET\noquarter\profiles... and copy paste it in new ET. You have to connect to the server once and download noquarter mod with new installation and then you can copy your etconfig.cfg to new noquarter mod.

Seems to be fixed now..It probably didnt download all the needed files in 1 time.So i kept reconnecting and suddenly it started downloading again.Thx for the help people.ExC

Edited by ExCaL

ET runs fine on Win 8, any problems you might encounter would be the same as 7, or at least I had no problems doing a fresh install. Of course you will want to "Run as Administrator" though when you do.. As for the etkey, it should be there right where it has always been..

yeah this wha i had and still do with bf3 browser version and other games i cant play as i cant set myself to be a admin as im already the fkin admin lol