My ET is Crashing

Jobba

I've recently started back playing Wolfenstein Enemy Territory and when i go on Hardcore, it downloads the maps and stuff and then i enter the game. I play for like a Minute and then Bam It freezes, i get sent back to the main menu, and it says <---------Crash Information-------> Then about 30 seconds after it says that the Whole game crashes and it sends me back to my desktop. I've looked for solutions and they say to update your PB manually. So i go to evenbalance and i download the application and i run it but it doesn't have enemy territory on it anymore. I also Uninstalled and reinstalled the game and i Still Keep crashing. Does Anyone have any solutions? Thanks.

Once you've installed the game have to be sure you downloaded from even balance 2 things:

PBSetup: once you run it you have to find the directory where you installed the game (ET.exe file) and add it. Once added, you hit refresh.

pbsvc: contains the basic services that make ET or any other game that even balance supports can run smoothly.

One more thing, be sure u r running the game as administrator.

No my Hardware isn't overheating and When i run the pbsetup v3.5 and i browse for my game, the ET game file doesn't show up and I always right click to run it as administrator but it still crashes :(

If you've already got the map downloaded can you play then?

I regularly crash out after downloading a map, what seems to fix it for me is as soon as the map finishes downloading I open console and type /reconnect

Works for me.

• Leader

If I start ET and do not join server and type in console the commands:

\version

I get:

"version" is:"ET 2.60 win-x86 Mar 10 2005" default:"ET 2.60 win-x86 Mar 10 2005"

I believe that FA ETs will support both 2.55 and 2.60. Many of us use the 2.60b final version of ET.

/pb_ver

I get:

PunkBuster Client: PunkBuster Client (v2.094 | A0) Enabled

That is the last version of PB released for ET.

I wonder if, as a diagnostic, fearkillz could turn off his PB client and see what happens.