Video on hardcore

Apocalypse

Go press the start button on your dashboard and search for your ET file.. Go to the demos and copy and paste that demo file to another mod preferably Silent or Jaymod. Some mods do not work with demos like NQ on my computer and that might be the problem. Make sure the demo is even there in the first place as well ;)

Make sure the demo is even there in the first place as well ;)

Sometimes the game fails to record. Make sure the "demostatus" line is on your screen. Also if they are there check the file extension.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe if you're playing from 2.60b and you join a 2.55 server, the demo's taken won't work unless you change to the 2.55 version of ET. Then select mod -> demos and they'll be there.

An easy fix is to just change the file extension (the .dm_84 or .dm_82 part in the map name) to match whatever version of ET you are using.

2.60b will be DEMONAME.dm_84

2.55 will be DEMONAME.dm_82

Also some tips/ways to record demos:

/record (will record a file named "demo0001.dm_84, demo0002.dm_84, etc)

/record NAME (name being what you want on the file to be name and will show up in this case NAME.dm_84)

Press F12 (will record a demo named for example 2013-01-28-023892-beerrun_b7a.dm_84. So date-map.dm_84)

/stop_record (to stop demo's from recording in all cases. When a map ends it will also stop a demo.)

If you like to use a key (F12 by default) to record a demo then here's a script to make it stop the demo the 2nd time you press it.

Bind F12 "vstr dms"

set dms " vstr dms1"

set dms1 "autorecord; set dms vstr dms2; echo ^2RECORDING DEMO"
set dms2 "stoprecord; set dms vstr dms1; echo ^qDEMO RECORDING STOPPED"

Edited by LEWLER
  • Like 1

If you're searching for a demo taken on F|A HARDCORE locate your Enemy Territory folder. Not sure where you have it installed. It's been 2 years since I've played on Windows and when I did I ran ET ghosted.

Once you locate the folder follow this path: Enemy Territory -> silent -> demos

That folder will contain all demos taken on HARDCORE or any other silent no matter which method (posted above) you use.

Which method are you using to record a demo? f12, /record, bind, etc

When a demo is recording there will be a status bar on your screen letting you know it's recording. I think it's at the top by default. It will say something like "RECORDING demo 2013-00-00-23498723-supply: 1507k. The last number "1507k" will be counting up as the demo gets larger.

• Like 1