Vacation..

Chameleon

15 a year?? I wish I could do that lol.. This will be my first since 1992 lol

No girlfriend, no children, lease car for within Europe and overtime is compensated in holiday hours. He spends his 5 weeks holiday a year on two or three intercontinental or week+ holidays and everything else are long weekends away. I expect to have the about same in a future not to far away.

Even as a student last summer (July/August) I had 5 weeks off and went on 3 trips (1x hike in Germany, 1x hike in Belgium/Luxembourg, 1x Paris). Add another weekend Luxembourg (in May) and a long weekend in Paris (December) and I'm at 5. And I don't count the moving a friend from England (February) as a holiday then, although I did some site seeing there.

Budget was for me the only reason to bound it to ~5. So I didn't fly last year. Probably this year I'll have it a bit less busy, although I hope to go on at least one city trip (Dublin, Prague or Berlin), a hike in Scotland, maybe a cycling holiday, weekend in Luxembourg and whatever else comes on my path.

15 sounds a lot, and it is, but more than one is not a challenge.

I think something like a little roadtrip in Europe would be a great idea. You could start in Berlin which is really a beatiful city with a lot of history and german culture. Rent a car and drive down the "Autobahn" in the southwest of germany where you can visit the Blackforest or other regions. After that Austria would be a good possibility because they have a amazing nature despite their accent is really funny :D Maybe stay there or go down to the northern part of Italy. They are really cool aswell ;)

Just search for websites like this one and you can build a roadtrip on your own :)

http://www.germany.travel/en/index.html

Drove through Europe once and I got really great impression of Austria\Germany with Alps in the late spring. And Vienna was really beautiful city if you were a little bit interested in history also. So I see that Gubbi´s idea is good: just driving through Europe(as I understand there are trains connecting the major cities also) and staying in some cities for sightseeing would be great experience.

I´ve always been thinking to visit Japan also. And I imagine with little preparations: choosing hostels beforehand(there are family type where family takes care of few ppl in classic japanese style), planning trips and buying maps it is not so impossible. I think some of them speak english also and theres also the sign language;)

Have a memorable and relaxing vacation.

I think something like a little roadtrip in Europe would be a great idea. You could start in Berlin which is really a beatiful city with a lot of history and german culture. Rent a car and drive down the "Autobahn" in the southwest of germany where you can visit the Blackforest or other regions. After that Austria would be a good possibility because they have a amazing nature despite their accent is really funny :D Maybe stay there or go down to the northern part of Italy. They are really cool aswell ;)

Just search for websites like this one and you can build a roadtrip on your own :)

http://www.germany.t...l/en/index.html

Drove through Europe once and I got really great impression of Austria\Germany with Alps in the late spring. And Vienna was really beautiful city if you were a little bit interested in history also. So I see that Gubbi´s idea is good: just driving through Europe(as I understand there are trains connecting the major cities also) and staying in some cities for sightseeing would be great experience.

I´ve always been thinking to visit Japan also. And I imagine with little preparations: choosing hostels beforehand(there are family type where family takes care of few ppl in classic japanese style), planning trips and buying maps it is not so impossible. I think some of them speak english also and theres also the sign language;)

Have a memorable and relaxing vacation.

Either of these two sound like my kind of idea, but the more ideas I get the harder the decision lol..

I have never seen anyone who wants to take holidays in Belgium or Netherlands.. :blink:

What Dutch people refer as beach is what the rest of the world refers as mud, they have no mountains. What exactly do you want to do there?

(Maybe someone can prove me wrong?)

Austria is the place to go :excl:

But anyway, if you have four weeks, that's enough to travel through different countries in Europe. Fly to London, stay there a bit, move on to Paris, Switzerland, Germany, Prague, Austria, Italy and back or so. There are so many nice places in Europe with a good mix of nice Cities and beautiful landscapes.

Agree with Gubbi!

NEVER and I mean NEVER go to Belgium or The Netherlands on holiday, you'll regret it, even if it's just for a day. I live here and it sucks balls. I seriously don't understand those crazy Germans who come here for a holiday.. must be a German thing to do, IDK.

Go to Austria if you're going to Europe, it really is beautiful there!

Or even better, go to Australia, you'll never want to leave! Australia is the place to be! I want to live there one day, it's beautiful, nice, epic people etc etc. You'll love it, I'm sure! You'll have to visit Sydney, Great barrier reef and go scuba diving there and/or go on a helicopter ride, go to the outback, go see Uluru.. darn I still need to see Uluru one day. You'll love it there, it's 99999999999999999x better than Europe, I can know!

I don't have an obsession with Australia or anything, honestly.

• Like 2

Or even better, go to Australia, you'll never want to leave! Australia is the place to be! I want to live there one day, it's beautiful, nice, epic people etc etc. You'll love it, I'm sure! You'll have to visit Sydney, Great barrier reef and go scuba diving there and/or go on a helicopter ride, go to the outback, go see Uluru.. darn I still need to see Uluru one day. You'll love it there, it's 99999999999999999x better than Europe, I can know!

I don't have an obsession with Australia or anything, honestly.

Haha another place I would Loooove to go to!

hey dude we fought in the ardennes ! i have a chalet in Mousny close to the ourthe . Six persons can sleep there ...

This is for the dutch :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPyiZI_WrXw

Still remains Belgium...

Apart from beer and chocolate there is no good reason to come to Belgium :P

• Like 1

Well, what are you waiting for! Go to Australia, it's the best! You won't regret it at all! You'll also have to go to Brisbane to hug a koala <3

Lol I would love to see a koala! Everything about Australia interests me.. But I watched a documentary once and saw lots of deadly spiders.. One was I think the Funnel web spider and a red back or something like that hahaha.. Anyway I am completely terrified of spiders lol

Still remains Belgium...

Apart from beer and chocolate there is no good reason to come to Belgium :P

What about the waffles? Hehehe

Lol I would love to see a koala! Everything about Australia interests me.. But I watched a documentary once and saw lots of deadly spiders.. One was I think the Funnel web spider and a red back or something like that hahaha.. Anyway I am completely terrified of spiders lol

I also hate spiders, even the tiny tiny tiny ones scare the hell out of me. In Queensland there's also a chance that a snake will appear in your toilet..

In Summer 2011 I went to australia for a month, I only saw a weird green spider in the bathroom of the host family I stayed at, didn't see any others for the rest of the month. And I was in the middle of nowhere, Melbourne and also a week in Queensland where all the deadly ones apparently are. I also went to Aussie for 17 days with my dad for my 10th Birthday, didn't see any spiders then at all and I went to Sydney, Brisbane and Port Douglas.

So, don't use the spider thing as an excuse! Just go there, you'll love love love love LOVE LOVE it!

I should be paid by Australia for promoting their country so well

• Like 1