Sign in to follow this  
AcidParadox

Can't open wolf et and won't detect my etkey

Question

For some reason every time I open Wolf et it just stays at a black screen and it won't change no matter how much I wait. Weird thing is that I just played 2 hours ago with no problem.

I installed wolf et on a different location and could run it successfully but I won't get my admin and xp back after putting the etkey file on the new etmain folder.

1)What could be causing the black screen?? Maybe it's a corrupt file thats causing it.

2) Why the new installation wont recognize my etkey?

Thank you

3 answers to this question

Have u followed this instructions whit new etkey? http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/200-how-to-get-a-new-etkey-guid-since-pb-dropped-et-support/

U will not gain those xp or levels automatically with new key. All things have to set up accordingly with new key.

Why u dont just use old etkey from earlier install? just copy it. That is not causing that black screen problem.

Masa_1964

Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Unfortunately that's what I did.

I grabbed my etkey from my old installation and put it on the new installation but it's not detecting it.

I visited some trickjump servers but didn't had any trouble with them , according to TB I played last time on F|A 1 . I run the pk3 cleaner though but still black screen.

UPDATE :

Nevermind guys , I just updated my windows and my old wolfie is working again. Maybe I will never know what happened here but hey , at least it's working again.

Edited by AcidParadox