Windows 7 and low FPS

Yama310

• Administrators

Antivir, but I tried to shutdow the "Antivir Guard" and the problem is always here. No Firewall

I would say update your direct X and graphics driver. Your card is good enough to run the game and system with around 50 FPS with low resolution and graphics.

Also, try to assign the affinity to your ET.exe and see how it works.

I updated to DirectX 11. My graphic driver are updated. I put ET.exe in high priority... but I still have only 15-20 FPS when I play (76 FPS stable when I have no player, no action in my field of vision).

I still use Medic cfg.

I'm desperate.

Hi Bi0s,

I tried with older drivers (14/05/2009). It's a little better, but it's no very good. I have 25-30 FPS "in action"...

I tried too the last one (195.81, beta, to 15.12.2009), and... it's worst ! 1 or 2 FPS ! :angry:

If i read this you have a problem with stream of data (rate ) probb your mobo bios isnt realy fit to win 7 ? try flash your bios of your motherboard (didnt write what one you have ?) and yes for old graffic cards new drivers are sometimes not adjusted for win 7 but it seeems a internet problem cos when you are just moving your fps is ok but when you are dl stuff (movement of other players it droppes :(.

If i read this you have a problem with stream of data (rate ) probb your mobo bios isnt realy fit to win 7 ?

My MB is an Asus P5K. Maybe you're right. It's a quite old MB.

try flash your bios of your motherboard (didnt write what one you have ?)

I didn't flash it on this computer. Or maybe a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away... whistle.gif

and yes for old graffic cards new drivers are sometimes not adjusted for win 7 but it seeems a internet problem cos when you are just moving your fps is ok but when you are dl stuff (movement of other players it droppes :(.

It's exactly that.

So, I'll try to flash it this afternoon (or this evening). I'll keep you informed. :thanks

other fun option is use n tune for your graf card to get max of it and put baseclock of that 6500 up to 360 in bios (if it is 330 atm ) n tune is a nice program for older nv card

and second asus has a program on the site what you can download it will flash your bios for you it doesnt need floppy or cd like in stone age :) if we dont here from you again we know your comp didnt make it :). have fun comp is not just for playing et its a funny device :). (watch out overclocking get a adiction to get best performance out of your computer )

Well.... this morning, Seven suggest me to update my graphic driver (with windows update). I accept (nothing to lose), and... I tried to play on NQ and.... it works.

So now, I use driver I already used. Version 8.16.11.9107 (27/09/2009). I'll not touch it now.

I don't know if it's just a surprise for xmas, but I hope it works fine forever. :yahoo

Thanks to everyone who helped me. :thanks

I'll keep you informed in few days.