Yama310

Windows 7 and low FPS

Question

Hi guys

Well, since a month (more or less), I can't play ET because of very low FPS (15-20). It happen when I installed Windows 7.

I use the last drivers for my graphic card and my ethernet card (include ton my motherboard) and I updated punkbuster. My ping is stable.

ET.exe is running as an administrator. I tried to use compatibility mode (of Win 7) to lauch ET.exe. I defined XP SP3.

I tried to use default cfg instead of my personal .cfg, but always the same problem.

I even tried to play with a clean installation, without patch... always low FPS.

I didn't use anti-virus nor firewall. I install Antivir few days ago.

I really don't know how to fix that.

So, if someone can help me, I'll be happy. :yahoo

:thanks

25 answers to this question

I updated to DirectX 11. My graphic driver are updated. I put ET.exe in high priority... but I still have only 15-20 FPS when I play (76 FPS stable when I have no player, no action in my field of vision).

I still use Medic cfg.

I'm desperate.

in some cases new vid card drivers will cause an issue try some older driver for your vid card and see if it helps any

Hi Bi0s,

I tried with older drivers (14/05/2009). It's a little better, but it's no very good. I have 25-30 FPS "in action"...

I tried too the last one (195.81, beta, to 15.12.2009), and... it's worst ! 1 or 2 FPS ! :angry:

If i read this you have a problem with stream of data (rate ) probb your mobo bios isnt realy fit to win 7 ? try flash your bios of your motherboard (didnt write what one you have ?) and yes for old graffic cards new drivers are sometimes not adjusted for win 7 but it seeems a internet problem cos when you are just moving your fps is ok but when you are dl stuff (movement of other players it droppes :(.

If i read this you have a problem with stream of data (rate ) probb your mobo bios isnt realy fit to win 7 ?

My MB is an Asus P5K. Maybe you're right. It's a quite old MB.

try flash your bios of your motherboard (didnt write what one you have ?)

I didn't flash it on this computer. Or maybe a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away... whistle.gif

and yes for old graffic cards new drivers are sometimes not adjusted for win 7 but it seeems a internet problem cos when you are just moving your fps is ok but when you are dl stuff (movement of other players it droppes :(.

It's exactly that.

So, I'll try to flash it this afternoon (or this evening). I'll keep you informed. :thanks

Do NOT I REPEAT DO NOT FLASH THE BIOS IF U HAVE NEVER DONE IT, your problem has nothing to do with bios it only has to do with drivers, use a vista driver from 2007/8 and test.

I already did it, but not on this MB. Only on my other computer, on a A7N8X-X.

But ok, I will not do it. I'll try vista driver...

Seven is a great OS, but I'm tired of not being able to play !! :angry:

other fun option is use n tune for your graf card to get max of it and put baseclock of that 6500 up to 360 in bios (if it is 330 atm ) n tune is a nice program for older nv card

and second asus has a program on the site what you can download it will flash your bios for you it doesnt need floppy or cd like in stone age :) if we dont here from you again we know your comp didnt make it :). have fun comp is not just for playing et its a funny device :). (watch out overclocking get a adiction to get best performance out of your computer )

Well.... this morning, Seven suggest me to update my graphic driver (with windows update). I accept (nothing to lose), and... I tried to play on NQ and.... it works.

So now, I use driver I already used. Version 8.16.11.9107 (27/09/2009). I'll not touch it now.

I don't know if it's just a surprise for xmas, but I hope it works fine forever. :yahoo

Thanks to everyone who helped me. :thanks

I'll keep you informed in few days.

Lol and seven wasnt even on forum :) but awsome they even support older graffics to top :).