wireless vs. cabled mouse

vehx

once upon a time (like 7 or 8 years ago) when i decided to evolve into The "wireless Wave" i remember the worst issue i had. My mouse suddenly just stopped tracking, and i was like "O.o" ¿it died? ¿ Batteries maybe? but i had to re synchronize it to get it back into work again... Happens that I had a wireless phone in the wall and it somehow Jammed the wireless mouse when in use... very weird case but i prefer cable over wireless because... (hate opening and scheduling batteries recharge duty)

I had a pair of wireless headphones a few years ago and I was setting them up for the first time. I was up by the TV and they worked great. So I went about 15' back to my chair and put them on...nothing.

Went up to the TV to see what was wrong and they worked great. Back to chair...nothing. I thought they weren't strong enough so I read the guide and they should work up to 30' easily. Well, after

experimenting, I found it was the wireless phone base station next to my chair that was blanking it out. Take the phone away...headphones work. Couldn't remedy the problem so I took the headphones back.

I tried 3 other kinds after that and all 3 have the same problem. Won't work around the base station for that phone system we have.

I use a Logitech wireless mouse without problems. I have a red post it note on my monitor..."Turn off mouse". That extends the battery life a lot.

• Like 1

I use to have lag in this old wireless mouse I use to use... but I wasn't sure if it was batteries or a setting ingame

there was a setting that I use to use that helped but I got tired of changing batteries

/r_finish 1

I use to have lag in this old wireless mouse I use to use... but I wasn't sure if it was batteries or a setting ingame

there was a setting that I use to use that helped but I got tired of changing batteries

/r_finish 1

r_finish 1 will help with certain hardware lag issues.

If you just play ET for fun then a wireless mouse will work fine but if you're serious about your aim nothing but wired will satisfy in the end.

I'd never run wireless on a gaming PC. Worrying about charges and batteries doesn't work for me. I just don't believe that a wireless mouse can have the response time of a wired mouse at 500hz. I guess I'm old school

+1

Though I have thought about a wireless HEADSET headphones.gif

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan

Personally I use a wired mouse, and keyboard, but the only setback is the cord.. Sometimes it gets caught on shit and ends up getting me killed. Only reason I don't use a wireless mouse is because of the "lag" and my batteries always ended up dying. I don't believe in spending $15 on batteries.

• 3 months later...

I use both wireless mouse and keyboard no lag. And keep in mind, my wireless dongles are about 15 ft from me, and connected to the computer via a 50ft USB extender.

xD

Must have nice latencys. It has to take some time to the information to go 50feet.