Norway Lights

PHANTASM

There was a strange spiral blue light over Norway yesterday. Duckie made a comment about it and I looked it up. Here is the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sof_QK1z4b4&feature=related

There was a similar one over Russia back in January:

These unidentified flying objects are probably malfunctioning Russian rockets imho. The Russians had launched a test missile yesterday in a bizarre attempt to annoy President Obama, who was in Oslo, Norway, to receive his Nobel Peace Prize. The US and Russia are haggling over a new weapons treaty.

I have watched a lot of UFO videos, 99% of them are something from earth, and this doesn't look like the 1% that I personally believe to be from our shy little friends with whom we share this solar system. Those "unexplainable" videos usually involve two types of craft: a sphere or group of spheres that move irregularly at very high speeds, or long cylinders of immense size (kilometers long) that hang in the atmosphere or in space (like the Phobos Anomaly). This Norway UFO is just something spinning wildly out of control. It doesn't move like a typical extraterrestrial (i.e. non-human/non-natural) UFO.

This Norway UFO is a very pretty light, quite interesting actually, and it could be a "new" type of extraterrestrial vehicle, although I have a strong suspicion that our little friends probably protect us from other species out there. This is why our governments pretend like we are alone, while allowing them to violate our airspace (as if we had any choice really), and steal people and cattle.

Well, real or not it reminds me of last 2 verses of Monty Python Galaxy Song from The Meaning of Life:

And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,

'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.

I'm baffled too lol honestly. You would think by now the Russians would know how to make a missile travel in a straight line.

Maybe the Russian missile theory is just a cover story. No one seems annoyed by it, which would be the expected reaction.

The problem is that this could be explained by human stupidity better than extraterrestrials. Always an issue with UFOs.

Perhaps it was angels shining down upon the Savior as he receives his Nobel Prize for bringing peace and love to the planet.

The official story is still the "Russian missile" theory:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/2009/12/10/russias-flawed-intercontinental-missile-test-lights-up-norways-sky/

The most credible alternative explanation I have seen so far is that it was actually a test of the HAARP (radio array system) in Norway. HAARP arrays blast the atmosphere with radio waves, causing EMP effects on passing aircraft, missiles and potentially UFOs. HAARP is classified, which causes endless speculation as to its actual abilities and intents. There is a HAARP array in Norway at Ramfjordmoen. It could be that a Russian missile was scrambled by a HAARP array and no one - Russian or NATO - wants to discuss it.

http://www.alaska.net/~logjam/HAARP.html

teh Nords R steeling teh nubb russian h@xez, j3sus guys, UFO r u all stoopid or sumtin?

^^

We mean "UFO" in the context of Unidentified Flying Object. We didn't know what it was - meteor, missile, alien, spyplane, aurora borialis, etc. We were having an open-minded discussion. Nothing "stoopid" about it. Thanks for your input.

We mean "UFO" in the context of Unidentified Flying Object. We didn't know what it was - meteor, missile, alien, spyplane, aurora borialis, etc. We were having an open-minded discussion. Nothing "stoopid" about it. Thanks for your input.

Oh, terribly sorry for my intrusive obstruction of your discussion, posted in the spam forums. Awful. <_<

Oh, terribly sorry for my intrusive obstruction of your discussion, posted in the spam forums. Awful. <_<

No need to apologize, dear chap. We respect your First Amendment right to express yourself. We value your opinion and hold it in the highest regard. Please feel free to comment whenever you have an important contribution that shines light upon the subject at hand, or is witty and full of mirth.

cheers

P.S. I put it in the spam section because

1) I thought it was an interesting "UFO", but not really "aliens" (hope you know there is a difference by now),

2) It's more fun to write about science when everyone (including sceptics) comments on it, and

3) Daredevil bumped out all my old sci-fi blogs with his "how to use the forums" blogs, and I am capable of taking a hint.

No need to apologize, dear chap. We respect your First Amendment right to express yourself. We value your opinion and hold it in the highest regard. Please feel free to comment whenever you have an important contribution that shines light upon the subject at hand, or is witty and full of mirth.

cheers

P.S. I put it in the spam section because

1) I thought it was an interesting "UFO", but not really "aliens" (hope you know there is a difference by now),

2) It's more fun to write about science when everyone (including sceptics) comments on it, and

3) Daredevil bumped out all my old sci-fi blogs with his "how to use the forums" blogs, and I am capable of taking a hint.

That was scathing.

Please don't use my first post as a basis for your opinion of my intelligence, though I must say, yes, I did think it was rather enlightening, witty, and full of mirth.

More seriously, sorry about my post, you obviously didn't take it very well. I was having myself some stoopid fun, to put it eloquently.