Fast forward and Rewind in demos?

AcidParadox

Is there any way to do that while viewing it?

Im trying to make a compilation but im recording full matches and it's really a time killer having to wait for a certain part.

Thanks

When you view demo with et it pop ups panel that shows keys for it for me its kp_7 for fast inincrease speed by 1.0 ,kp_5 for normalspeed and kp_3 to slowdown by 0.1. You cant rewind demos in et but im not sure about sunlight demo viewing tool coz i dont use it my self.

When you view demo with et it pop ups panel that shows keys for it for me its kp_7 for fast inincrease speed by 1.0 ,kp_5 for normalspeed and kp_3 to slowdown by 0.1. You cant rewind demos in et but im not sure about sunlight demo viewing tool coz i dont use it my self.

Mine says KP_UP and KP_DOWN.

which buttons are those?

you can start the demo at a specific time with sunlight's demo viewer, so you if you are at 15:30, you could start it at 15:35, effectively rewinding 5 seconds, or you could start it at 8:00 effctively fast-forwarding, as well as the normal increasing the speed.

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/697-et-demoview-edition/

• Like 1

Mine says KP_UP and KP_DOWN.

which buttons are those?

To be more specific, KP_up should be "8" on your keypad and KP_down should be "2", in case you don't have it labelled on your keyboard. ("4" being left and "6" being right)

• Clan Friend

If you make a fragmovie, then you could try madscientists' image_et

My demo viewer is more for checking cheaters demos, image_et has a lot of cool features (motion blur, etc.) and it can also rewind and fast forward instantly (but you need to type the timestamp in milliseconds, while instead with my viewer you can go to min:sec)

All pro fragmovies are made with image_et, as far as I know.

Both image_et and mine can 'delag' demos, so if you have a high ping you can see where you really aimed, instead of aiming behind the target.

Standard et can fastforward (not instantly, though) but it cannot rewind

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

For normal et, I used own cfg for reviewing the demos, it included shownormals 1 in it, tracers, light settings etc. Just exec cfg before launching the demo. 

Not sure if timescale works, never tried it.

@Sunlight: if you read this, I tried to bind the "demo_seekrelative" (bind [key] "demo_seekrelative -30") , but it didn't work. I really like the demoview program, but it'd be awesome to be able to rewind the demo (about 30 sec) backwards with a button :)

• Leader

I would normally be chiding r3wind3r for re-opening such an old post and then lock it, BUT it is so interesting and I learned som new things, so...

For normal et, I used own cfg for reviewing the demos, it included shownormals 1 in it, tracers, light settings etc. Just exec cfg before launching the demo. 

Not sure if timescale works, never tried it.

@Sunlight: if you read this, I tried to bind the "demo_seekrelative" (bind [key] "demo_seekrelative -30") , but it didn't work. I really like the demoview program, but it'd be awesome to be able to rewind the demo (about 30 sec) backwards with a button :)

somehow doesnt work :hmm  can call a cfg with shownormals activated in it but i cant bind it on/off to any key. but thx for hint i'll keep trying. update:  when  watching a demo i can bind keys but the action is ignored. tab is bound to +scores for example, if you change it, it will still call the scores although the key isnt bound to scores anymore. conclusion: must be harcoded. so i guess your config was without binds!?

I would normally be chiding r3wind3r for re-opening such an old post and then lock it, BUT it is so interesting and I learned som new things, so...

:D  the search function brought me into this journey through time

Acid: Hold down Ctrl key for demo fast-forward in et_demoview_1_4,
Alt key for slow-motion...

If You want to rewind to timestamps, Say: 4:20.../demo_seektime 4:20
But timescale will be 0(playback will be frozen).
Just press spacebar to resume...

somehow doesnt work :hmm  can call a cfg with shownormals activated in it but i cant bind it on/off to any key. but thx for hint i'll keep trying. update:  when  watching a demo i can bind keys but the action is ignored. tab is bound to +scores for example, if you change it, it will still call the scores although the key isnt bound to scores anymore. conclusion: must be harcoded. so i guess your config was without binds!?

Yes it wasn't binded. Sorry if I didn't say it clear :D

And yes I know I can type the time if I want to rewind, but I am used to do thinks more simple as I am not a quick writer and I make errors, then I frustrate on myself and start drinking... :D A man needs to think about his health! :D