I admit I had an erection watching this.

Fed'Tj

I hope not to repeat the video in forum :D, Tittle say everything about my opinion about this, what do you say?? :D

http://youtu.be/re1EatGRV0w

Info:

IllumiRoom is a proof-of-concept Microsoft Research project designed to push the boundary of living room immersive entertainment by blending our virtual and physical worlds with projected visualizations. The effects in the video are rendered in real time and are captured live -- not special effects added in post processing.

IllumiRoom project was designed by:

Brett Jones, Hrvoje Benko, Eyal Ofek and Andy Wilson

More info: http://research.micr...cts/illumiroom/

A big hug my F|A family.

=F|A=Fed'Tj.

Meh.

I only liked the idea of the snow falling during the mario Cart scene. However, it looks cool now, would just become another gimick that nobody would pay attention to after the novelty wears off.

For FPS shooters.. it was just very distracting. You can see the areas around, but you have this little frame to aim around. I mean, Why not just blow money on a home projection screen so you can use an entire wall for a screen?

Idk. While it's a neat idea, I just think it's frivolous and unnecessary.

Why not just blow money on a home projection screen so you can use an entire wall for a screen?

I thought the same thing. Have friend with one (its literally a plain white bed-sheet on one wall). <- That looks better than what is in the video because there are no furniture or other objects that distort the image.

For FPS shooters.. it was just very distracting. You can see the areas around, but you have this little frame to aim around. I mean, Why not just blow money on a home projection screen so you can use an entire wall for a screen?

Idk. While it's a neat idea, I just think it's frivolous and unnecessary.

A projector wouldn't do what this is doing. A projector will only show the same amount of stuff that the tv screen is showing, just bigger.

This is actually making it seem more 3d like b/c of the lights on the ground/ceiling. The space around is actually an extension which you wouldn't see with a projector.

I agree it could be distracting, until you get used to it. Your brain can handle it. I also think it is distracting now, b/c he has book cases and stuff around it, what about a white wall. would be interesting I think.

A projector wouldn't do what this is doing. A projector will only show the same amount of stuff that the tv screen is showing, just bigger.

This is actually making it seem more 3d like b/c of the lights on the ground/ceiling. The space around is actually an extension which you wouldn't see with a projector.

I agree it could be distracting, until you get used to it. Your brain can handle it. I also think it is distracting now, b/c he has book cases and stuff around it, what about a white wall. would be interesting I think.

Well, you will need a projector to start with for this to work :P

3D is a gimmick anyway (just like motion control)

So something that makes look stuff wanabe 3D? I pass on that ^^

Anyway, If I want stuff happening in my peripheral view I will just use eyefinity (or nVidia surround of however it calls)

I would like it to have this surrounding stuff like the snow in the cart scene, but I think i could´t handle all the effects coming out of the screen :D

Maybe you can get used to it but i don´t see any afford in having some effects of the game widely spread over your wall ;)

Though it looks really nice! Probably a good idea for movies but not that much for games ...

They seriously just need to spend all their money towards virtual reality games XD

PS. Hopefully it wasnt the girl playing Mario Kart that gave you the erection lol you perv ;)

Edited by Shinobi