disconnected after every map

ExCaL

Hello everybody..i hope someone has any idea whats going on with my pc/game when playing E.T.

I can play E.T without any problems during a map,but when a map ends and a new map starts load..then my screen pops back to my desktop screen and doesnt stay on the loading screen from E.T.

the screen doesnt freeze or something and i can use my mouse keys ..everything. But my screen stays in the same resolution and brightness as i use when playing E.T.

If i immediatly check the serverpopulation (to see who is playing) my name is still there and with a ping of 999. But i have to connect to get back on the server.

This started about 1 week ago and i didnt download or install any new programs or software last few weeks.Anyone any idea :welcome

thx ExC Hope i posted it in the right section btw.

Edited by ExCaL

• Clan Friend

did you try some config, or something like that?

for example cg_gun_frame crashes the game after the map ends, if you put something different than 0

the fact that you appear as still being on the server is normal, the server just doesn't know you are not there for a while till it kicks you.

Well you might check these commands if are set to following ones

/cl_packetdup 1

/cg_predictitems 0

/cl_allowdownload 1

/cg_smoothclients 1

I just typed the commands in console that you wrote in your post Unknown,and for now it seems to work.

I tried a few maps and i didnt get disconnected between the maps,so it looks pretty good .

btw when i type /cg_smoothclients 1 in console it says unknown command :(

but im already happy that i can play a few maps without connecting everytime again..thx for the advise.

ExC

• Clan Friend

btw when i type /cg_smoothclients 1 in console it says unknown command :(

if it says unknown then it isn't a valid command for the mod you play

so maybe it's a case of mere luck but you'll see :P

• Leader

It would have been more informative if you had typed each command without values, to see which one might have been 'wrong'.

Type /cl_packetdup to see if it returns 0 or 1, etc, for each cvar, before you fix them. Then you could scratch ur head while wondering how it got changed from the default.

Ok thx for now everybody.I checked it and the only thing that was changed from default was

cg_predictitems. It wasnt on default and i dont know why it changed cause i dont even use a cfg or something.The only thing i change when playing E.T is my resolution and brightness.nothing else.

But when i looked into my main E.T map ,there were 2 profiles suddenly instead of just 1.

I always play as ExCaL and there was another profile in the list saying ExCL ???

Strange and i really dont know how this possible,because i never changed my name into ExCL.

Does anyone has any idea what is going on with my pc??

btw i deleted that ExCL profile and didnt get disconnected after that,but im just wondering how the hell it got there.!

Greetz ExC