Why CS:GO is unpopular?

jiidu

Why CS:GO is so unpopular? =F|A= server is almost always empty:

banner_560x95.png?random=223367

I really wanna know coz i would like to play more CS:GO with u guys :/

IMO the oldschool feeling is gone. I just don't feel the "CS" in this one.

And It's also a little problem for Europeans that there is only US-server but there is no point to get European server if even the US is always empty.

Can we just say that Valve and Hidden Path failed? :wacko:

for me cs is only good with friends/Lan/guildies i hate to play it alone its just not fun. its like 1.6 its fun with friends.

and for me its ET>cod4>bf3>CS:GO so i usually dont go server unless scream pokes me with long stick.

Our server was popular when we used to camp in there long hours in day and people joined in but now days we dont have those campers and i dont blame anyone since im not camping there anymore.

• Like 2

To be honest, I never liked the cs setup to begin with.

If I play cs, it's the casual demolition version or gungame (dam... I'm good @ gungame, suck at the rest ^^)

Current players: 23k (peaked at 30k), compared to cs:s 41k (peak at 44k)

(you can't compare to counterstrike 1.6, those die hard fans always will say any other Counterstrike sucks)

Yeah, that's a serious gap. But to say it's a fail. Nah, wouldn't go as far.

That being said, The FA cs:s server also was prettty much always empty.

Just like the bf3 server is and some et/cod servers, getting servers populated takes dedication and time (things I personally generally miss ^^)

• Like 1

cs:go is a game i never played, but i have played CS 2.0 offline game. not so interesting game. It is not so interactive, informative as ET. jiidu why dont you try ET :)

• Like 2

it's unpopular because nobody wants to play it and will not play unless I poke somebody with a long stick. We had 91st percentage on gametracker and were in top 200 servers within 3 weeks.

But it's also real life that eats the free time.... I'm sure it can get full again with no problems as there are people who have that server set as favourite.

cs:go is a game i never played, but i have played CS 2.0 offline game. not so interesting game. It is not so interactive, informative as ET. jiidu why dont you try ET :)

Actually mahesh I just started to learn ET in jay#3 on my christmas holidays :) It's awesome! I have reinstalled and installed it many times but now I'm finally gettin addicted to it :punk

for me cs is only good with friends/Lan/guildies i hate to play it alone its just not fun. its like 1.6 its fun with friends.

and for me its ET>cod4>bf3>CS:GO so i usually dont go server unless scream pokes me with long stick.

Our server was popular when we used to camp in there long hours in day and people joined in but now days we dont have those campers and i dont blame anyone since im not camping there anymore.

U have a point my friend. But when i was younger i used to play cs1.6 the whole day with strangers. It was so addicting. I hope CS:GO will get awesome updates that rock the world but i doubt it.

I guess you just answered to your own question,and probably because ET is still badass.

Yeah that's my opinion but I like to hear other player's opinnions too.

PS. I hope that they won't make HD remake of ET like they made CS:GO from CS :D

Yeah that's my opinion but I like to hear other player's opinnions too.

PS. I hope that they won't make HD remake of ET like they made CS:GO from CS:S :D

Fixed that for you ^^

Well, dirty bomb seems to have et like elements, ruined by cod like elements...

• Like 1

Fixed that for you ^^

Well, dirty bomb seems to have et like elements, ruined by cod like elements...

Thx joske:) i forgot that there is CS:S bcoz i skipped straight to CS:GO from 1.5/1.6/CZ.

Btw have anyone played trough this CS Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes (single player campaign of cs:cz) I played couple missions and got bored.

• 4 weeks later...

CS is too oldschool jus like delta force it may aswell be dead lol ! Online anyhow

cs dead :o

Are you nuts, it's still one of the most played PC shooters online...

Combine cs, cs:s and cs:go together and you have atm about 80k (during peak time it goes above 100k) people online playing it...

=> 37k coming from cs alone! (cod:bl2 atm => 17k which is less than cs:s ^^)

It's not because it's an oldskool type of fps that it should be death (just like w:et also still is alive)

Pretty much the opposite: we need more oldskool shooters.

Modern shooters kind of suck, being them all no skill bullethose simulators ...

Edited by DrJoske

tru oh I never relised jus don't like CS as I think if it was never about Delta force wouldn't of died.......ET aint oldschool compared to rainbow 6 - delta force <-- 1st fps shooters online , I found ET threw a clan called C1 courageous 1s they came to ET from delta force 1 !!! booya lol... Im :) for CS tho good to see some OLDD games out there still and im ima have to download the oldest version of CS and see if I can find any old df buddies lol ;)

tru oh I never relised jus don't like CS as I think if it was never about Delta force wouldn't of died.......ET aint oldschool compared to rainbow 6 - delta force <-- 1st fps shooters online , I found ET threw a clan called C1 courageous 1s they came to ET from delta force 1 !!! booya lol... Im :) for CS tho good to see some OLDD games out there still and im ima have to download the oldest version of CS and see if I can find any old df buddies lol ;)

Doom had multiplayer over network if I remember (I was born the year Doom realised so obvious I never played it at release :P). Well, wikipedia says so

So the first online fps would be Doom ^^