Is Facebook kinda lame for you too?

Ol Smoke

I was urged by my family and some friends to get on Facebook so we could talk to each other. So, I joined in November 2012.

The finding old friends and touching family members again lasted about a month. I friended some people I knew and saw some

photos. But now, that has come to a halt. None of them send anything anymore, and all I see is a bunch of stupid things that

these people forward and they keep trying to send me farm animals and game stuff.

There is one guy, who is a brother to a kid I went to HS with, that sends nothing but this:

"Well kinda tired tonight...going to bed...you guys stay warm. Peace" Thats it. Every night.

I have sent my grandkids stuff, and commented on their pictures, but I never get anything back.

Is this Facebook, or am I just not plugged into the whole thing?

Thats it!

To stay on contact you can use skype or whatever, too.

Im annoyed of everyone post shit that nobay cares about, but i need it for university.

All our intern student organization like what is relevant for a test, selling student books,... works with facebook.

Its nice to find old friends, but you just type 2 or 3 messages and thats it for the next 10 years :D

I check mine semi-frequently although not alot ever happens. I still find it useful for a few things but then again I'm getting old and I'm sure alot of the younger people use it alot more (HS - College age).

Yeah, for myself it is. I have an account that I used successfully for business purposes a couple of years ago but made the error of accepting a few "friends". The flood of useless information and garbage that ensued was mind boggling. So I tried to delete it...

The short story is that once they have found you, they never let you go. The best I can do is "deactivate" the account, erase all profile information and never ever sign into it again because if I do, they put all the profile information back.

Yeah, for myself it is. I have an account that I used successfully for business purposes a couple of years ago but made the error of accepting a few "friends". The flood of useless information and garbage that ensued was mind boggling. So I tried to delete it...

The short story is that once they have found you, they never let you go. The best I can do is "deactivate" the account, erase all profile information and never ever sign into it again because if I do, they put all the profile information back.

You can 'delete' it :P

I did it a month ago, takes Facebook 14 days though ^^

My account happened to be created by my friend as it was all the rage back in 2008./2009. I really haven't gotten to using it the 'proper' way (spamming statuses, spamming likes, keeping in touch with friends/family, mass uploads of pictures or such). I'm not sure if I ever uploaded a single photo of myself up there. What I do find it useful for, is that I get info about my choir rehearsals and polls about future plans regarding the choir. Mailing group would do just as well probably, but for some reason our conductor finds it convenient and easy to use and it works. I'm avoiding Facebook games in a wide loop, along with all those other applications.

Deleted my Facebook, about 8 months ago no regrets, good to keep in contact with all friends and family however, now I am forced to call/write them instead :D

the only reason i have it still is so that i can contact send mssgs to people on occasion. Other than that I think it blows.

I used to be a facebook addict before, stalking people and games. But now it became boring. Now I still check it everyday but just for a couple of minutes. To say happy birthday to people or see if I'm tagged in any pics. I deleted a lot of people I don't know that much and blocked a lot of game apps. But facebook is still good when you're advertising something.

I really don't care for FB. I mainly use it to manage my fan page and keep contact with friends and family that are far away from my location. I really don't understand some people that obsess with it though.

It's just a trend. It'll be dead when the next social media trend comes out.

I mean... hello Myspace?

I remember the CB Radio fad in the late '70's. That was as bad as cell phones are now. People talking on those things and never saying anything.

"What you doing?" "Nothing much" "10-4" "What's your 20?" "home" "Aw, 10-4" etc etc What a bunch of dumbasses. Texting is no different.