punkbuster

da polock

Have you installed pb to the operating system drive or a random storage drive?

This files should be in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 for the PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB.exe and concerning the PnkBstrK.sys it should be in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

couple possible solutions here. read through it and try some of the successful ones.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38770

Edited by *Evil*Stevedawg

Have you installed pb to the operating system drive or a random storage drive?

This files should be in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 for the PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB.exe and concerning the PnkBstrK.sys it should be in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

couple possible solutions here. read through it and try some of the successful ones.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38770

thanks dawg.. i,ll try it

mine is in windows 32 and i still get kicked ..it takes 3 times of shuttin down ET and restarting it and joining the server in order for it to stay on and not kick me..says missing heart beat failure or something like that ...ive try uninstallin and reinstalling and updating and none of it works..also read somewhere that it says to go to your firewall and allow pnkbstrb.exe and i did and still same problems..all i know it takes me 3 times of gettin kick then exiting and restarting ET and somehow it will stay on and keep me on the server without kickn,,

well this was one fix i found for the heartbeat

Got this off another forum on here maybe this will help:

I GOT IT!!!WOOOHOOOO

I went into add/remove programs, un installed Punkbuster Services, restarted.

Deleted all of my PB folders that are in my games

Re install, it will say pnkbstrb.exe is still not running in Services ((Control Panel>Administrative Tool>Services))

Run PB Setup.exe ( it should show that all games do NOT have PB installed.)

It will update your games and you will be good to go. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif) just an idea

what antivirus are you using. could be blocking it from starting when you are in game (since pnkbustrA runs full time and tells pnkbstrb to start when you enter a game)and you don see it. by the time the game closes any option to allow is gone. try running ET and joining in windowed mode (ALT+ENTER) so you can monitor you desktop and AV. I know trend micro and avira have a history of blocking pnkbstrb. heck even windows defender maybe causing issues.

i would monitor the desktop first. if that doesnt work try the pb uninstall thing

Edited by *Evil*Stevedawg