MLK killed

Robert Kennedy killed

the beginning of the internet

Commodore 64 computers

the first computer generated movie with Dinosaurs

Star Wars at the theater

the original Star Trek on TV

Laugh-in on TV

45 rpm records, 33 rpm records, 78 rpm records, 4 track tapes, 8-track tapes, cassette, CD, MP3, and DVD.

My first computer (Com64) had a tape player to load the programs. The excitement came when the first 5 1/4" floppy disc came out for it.

The first HDD. It store a whopping 8MB and it was 2 feet across and 3 feet high and had to be refrigerated. The disks were 18" across.

The first HDD for PC. 20 MB Before that you had two 5 1/4" floppy disks

Green or amber TV monitors 13" for the computer. They cost of $600 in 1983. I was making $5 an hour then. Thats 3 weeks pay before taxes.

That adds up to about $3600 in todays money.

I have seen cameras go from film to digital.

I have got to drag the gut on Friday and Saturday night in my 1969 Olds 442 W30 muscle car. Gas was 35 cents a gallon then. I was making $1.20 an hour.

That meant that gasoline cost about 1/4th of your hourly salary per gallon for supreme. Today it is $10.00 an hour minimum wage and gas is $3.50 a gallon.

I saw black and white TV become color, larger, go from antenna to cable to satelite, to flat screen, to HD, to HD 3D.

My first VCR weighed 20 pounds, and was 18x24x8" in size. Now we have DVD in HD.

Seen Xrays go from wearing red goggles to see the image, and using chemical tanks to develop the films, to auto developers, to digital imaging now.

I delivered a baby.

I held my first girlfriend in my arms as she died from a bicycle wreck.

I have held about 10 dogs as they died. I still cry thinking of them.

I have buried most of my high school friends.

I started playing in a rock band in 1969 and still do.

I taught myself to play the guitar, bass and piano/keyboard.

I have recorded a record and it sold.

One of the lead guitar players in my band went on to play for Quarterflash as their drummer. Brian David Willis He is now a top rated Nashville recording technician. (Google)

I have watched my house burn.

I have watched the trailer we were towing, flip up in the air and land on it's top and destroy everything we had. (Twice on the same trip)

I have been in 6 major car wrecks.

I rode bulls in the rodeo. I rode broncs in the rodeo.

I was a desert motorcyle racer and drove a Honda 400cc rocket. Tore my leg almost off in one race. I have had 16 surgeries and set off all the metal detectors.

I raced cars on local tracks.

I was a drag racer in national champion races. I drove an altered 1960 Falcon with a 427 supercharged 850 HP motor. Won locals but no national.

I am a trained long distance rifle shooter. The best I have ever done is 1000 yds. 4 shots in 1 1/2" circle in less than a minute.

Why did I write this?? To show you how much there is to do out there. Don't waste your time texting and playing games and watching TV. Get out there and be somebody that you can respect. The only thing I ever went to college to learn was X-ray technology. I learned CT Scanning and MRI on my own. I taught myself everything else. And you can too.

(I only went to college to learn computers so I could get money to start my business) I already knew that stuff.

I am working on my degree in Quantum Physics at this time. I love this stuff.

Oh, there is one other thing that I did that I am most proud of. I could throw a baseball over 100 mph and was scouted by the Pittsburgh Pirates. But due to an arm injury, all of that went away. I did pitch at their camp. I did a total of 12 innings, and only one got on base. That...I owe to my dad. RIP He was a little bit faster.

Now go get it done.

Edited by #Smoke
  • Like 4

-1 for your app now for telling people to "Don't waste your time texting and playing games...".

Is this application section?

• Like 1

I don't like the rodeo part..poor animals, i always laugh when a person gets hurt a lot, n i always hope a person does get hurt when doing that.. why would you do such a thing to an animal.. i don't understand it. Maybe for fun? i dont see the fun in hurting an animal

I think it's illegal in my country, atleast I hope so

N for the rest of the story.. you've had an interesting life

• Like 1

You are being mislead by someone. Rodeo animals are the best cared for stock in the world.

They get groomed everyday, they get the best food, and veternarian care there is available.

As far as the bullriding bulls, they love what they do. They actually get so used to doing it, that

after a while they know when 8 seconds is up. I have seen it hundreds of times...open the gate,

bull starts jumping...8 seconds...horn...bull stops...turns and heads for the chute back to the

corral. Horses love to try to buck guys off, they live for it.

After your ride is over and the rodeo is closing down, you can go by the horse pens, and they

walk right up to you. You can have a great conversation with them if you just listen. But they

are not being harmed in any way. Over near Wallowa lake is a ranch that raises these animals.

It is animal heaven for them. They are taught how to buck; which they do naturally. We just have to

tell them when.

Now I don't go along with bull fighting at all. That is cruel.

-1 for your app now for telling people to "Don't waste your time texting and playing games...".

I was actually referring to the use of cell phones and ipads on a constant usage. But you can take it anyway you want.

Inspiring stuff.

Exactly..you have a complete live full with interesting stuff...Thx for sharing with us.

and yeah i agree with alexandra,im against all the things that use animal for theyr entretainement..but thats just me.

i respect different cultures,and love to learn with them.

A lot of storys to tell...maybe you can write a book.. :)

Listening too " The Shadow " on the radio was always a kicker at night before bed or watchin the first Apollo missions on B & W T.V., just remember those were our good old days.

Its different for each generation because of how they were introduced into the environment. Its cool to reflect on how things were and how things have changed but the way I look at it, its their life. I'm retired " Fockem ".

I still wake up older and saddle up a horse every morning and check the fence line.

it's been a rich full set of experiences hasn't it!? Quarterfalsh? I remember them as Seafood Mama! You have a few years on me, but sound amazingly like the fellow who is looking back at me in the mirror every morning...got to keep my leg though, just traded in the knee a couple of times. And I have never been on a bull or raced a motorcycle...sking is how I managed to bung myself up.

Funny thing about the experiences you and I share...I didn't realize how formative they were in real time; it's with the passage of time where I recognize how valuable they are.

Except delivering a baby, in my case both of my children, that was a (couple of) moment(s)! Watching them become the incredible people they are still is.

That is a pretty impressive list, must have been interesting seeing how the world changes around you (for better or worse). But this left me stunned:

I held my first girlfriend in my arms as she died from a bicycle wreck.

I can't, I don't even want to try to fathom what that felt like...