How to increase your chances of surviving an attack...

Ol Smoke

I have found that I can survive an Air Strike and a Helo attack by crouching and leaning into a nearby wall or object. I have used this for a long time and have seen obvious perks to doing this.

You can also use the lean, go around in circles technique while your opponent empties his weapon at you, without hitting you. This is a tried and true technique I have seen 100's of times. I don't understand how it works, but these two techniques do work. So, next time a foe is right in front of you and you attack each other, hit your lean right button and just go around him in a circle and wait till he empties, then shoot him. Just using the lean button can increase your ability to withstand a hit. I watch guys on here all the time going slow, crouched and leaning into buildings and they can shoot me everytime, even though I may hit them first.