Koekje

Hi there,

Like to share my thoughts about the airstrikes on the #3 beginners server. When it is busy online, airstrikes become more frequently available.

Sometimes it reaches a level where a que of people with airstrikes is created. Airstrikes keep coming and coming, not always evenly spreaded. Last evening; I got killed about 14 times by an airstrike within 2 minutes in the map Ambush, mostly within 5 seconds from spawning. The Ambush map is very effective when using airstrikes; lots of open spaces and most spawns are located outside.

The 14-kills-in-2-minutes were mainly caused by poor spreading imho. The opposite team got a ton of people waiting to launch an airstrike, and many of them got a chance to launch it right after eachother, causing 'our' side to be completely wiped of the map due to the great number of airstikes in a row.

The thing with airstikes is; they are powerfull. Precisely in maps like Ambush and Crossfire with lot of open spaces, they can have a lot of effect, mainly because of the many open spawns.

Is it somehow possible to create a timer between the airstrikes? At this moment, an airstrike can be launched about 5 seconds after the last one finished. We could enlarge this time within airstrikes; e.g. to 20 or 30 seconds. In this way, we could prevent a large row of airstrikes on the same area, making it sometimes barely playable when it is crowded.

Love to hear your thoughts,

Koekje

Edited by Koekje

Yeah. Consecutive Airstrikes are a pain. I don't know what can be done about changing it and I'm not sure I support the idea. I just have to remember to run indoors or hug a wall when I hear the jets screaming. --Despite how badly i want to get back into the action after respawning.

I honestly find myself more annoyed by not being able to use my airstrikes rather than being killed by them. That, or being killed by the same one multiple times.

I don't know what can be done, but I think that it is just going to be an issue, especially when the skill level between teams is unbalanced.

Having a timer between airstrikes wouldn't really do much, other than not letting people use theirs. The last thing we want is ending up with a heli because we weren't able to use our airstrikes before we had to kill two more people.

I agree with Ender. When they come, stay in doors. As for the AS spawn kills, that's going happen no matter what. With a UAV, we're just going to strike for the largest clump.

Good topic LuLu.

When I was with the #UF# clan, a few years ago, we solved the double kill problem with a single AS by putting in a 3 sec delay for respawn. This gave the server time to respawn us into a safe area. There is also a configuration you can use on the helo too, to limit the AIMBOT it uses. We turned it down quite a bit so that if your were out in the open it would shoot you, but if you were under a tree or overhang it didn't. If you were using UAV Jammer it didn't shoot you at all. We thought that the Helo and AS were good play perks but shouldn't really be able to jack your score up as much as they can do, if left at standard settings.

The double death by AS happened to me today three times. Got killed by first bomb, spawn, died again. Spawned...played 10 seconds...bombed...spawn...bombed again. It gets aggravating when you can't even move without getting killed.