I need help.

CookieMonsta

I'm a computer illiterate so please bear with me.

:(

So there were some hackers this morning and I tried to demo it.

But my console wont open.

I've never tried using it but I already enabled my console in single player and multiplayer but it still won't open when I press "~".

So I went to the Library> Application Support> COD4> Player > Username > and changed the key toggleconsole in config_mp.cfg and config.cfg into DELETE key first. But still nothing happpened.

Then I changed it into "0" but the console still won't open.

What did i do wrong? or did I miss something??

Please help?

rawr!

Thanks I saw that already, but my problem is not the demo but the console itself.

I also have a macbook pro but it has a japanese keyboard.

I enabled all the consoles pressed "~" tried to "shift+~" but still nothing happens. :(

Do you have console enabled in the game? just go options, enable console....if thats not it can you send me a pic of your keyboard?

Sorry it took me this long to reply.

Please look at this.

photo_zps3dd5b86d.jpg

ScreenShot2012-12-25at142015_zps9e9227ef.png

ScreenShot2012-12-25at141543_zps24a626a1.png

ScreenShot2012-12-25at151313_zps60aee398-1_zps147def34.jpg

ScreenShot2012-12-25at151152_zps1189ab81-1_zpsfc19f391.jpg

Tried looking in the cfg for this line? bind ~ "toggleconsole"

Never used a Mac so dont know anything about them :P

Me beeing a retard... Just change the bind (bind ~ "toggleconsole") to any other button you want to use. That should do the trick.

Second EDIT: Omg why dont i learn to read the whole topic?!? -.-'

Edited by LainTime SwE

Hey CM i know you changed the key in your config_mp.cfg and config.cfg files, but did you try changing it through the menu "controls"? The reason I ask is I had an issue with an assigned key and was working in the config files, but found it actually too when I opened the game and made the change through the menu option of Controls. It may work for you too and I hope so. Good luck with this one.

Edit: this may not work for console as I looked through the control settings I found no option to bind a key for console.

Edited by A_Snake

Hey CM i know you changed the key in your config_mp.cfg and config.cfg files, but did you try changing it through the menu "controls"? The reason I ask is I had an issue with an assigned key and was working in the config files, but found it actually too when I opened the game and made the change through the menu option of Controls. It may work for you too and I hope so. Good luck with this one.

Edit: this may not work for console as I looked through the control settings I found no option to bind a key for console.

Yes I searched for that already. But still no. :/

The only thing I can think about when seeing the screens is that you maybe should remove the "|" after "toggleconsole" on the first one.

And why is there a cheats option? Never saw it at my version...

If all else fails, reïnstall it. Works wonders!

The only thing I can think about when seeing the screens is that you maybe should remove the "|" after "toggleconsole" on the first one.

If all else fails, reïnstall it. Works wonders!

lol that's the mouse! Haha

I didnt change anything in cfg except for the toggleconsole. I guess I have no choice but to reinstall? I wont lose my data right? The internet in the country that im in right now is so slow. :( i think it'll take the whole day to install it.

I think that is the single player menu.

Also, the only thing I can this of is that on mine, the bind is set to " ` ", not " ~ ", due to the latter being the second function of the key. Now, your keyboard is hard to look at and makes me sad on the inside, so I could not find a " ~ " key, to which the console is binded. Have you made sure that " ~ " is the primary function of the key on which is resides (i.e. to change it in the config, did you have to use a modifier key [shift, option, etc] to make that character?)?

EDIT: Is that it under the volume down key? I can't tell. If so, it looks like it would be the second function and therefore might not work. If you wanna make it work with the same key pattern, try hitting the same key without modifiers? I dunno. Just throwing things out.

I think that is the single player menu.

Also, the only thing I can this of is that on mine, the bind is set to " ` ", not " ~ ", due to the latter being the second function of the key. Now, your keyboard is hard to look at and makes me sad on the inside, so I could not find a " ~ " key, to which the console is binded. Have you made sure that " ~ " is the primary function of the key on which is resides (i.e. to change it in the config, did you have to use a modifier key [shift, option, etc] to make that character?)?

EDIT: Is that it under the volume down key? I can't tell. If so, it looks like it would be the second function and therefore might not work. If you wanna make it work with the same key pattern, try hitting the same key without modifiers? I dunno. Just throwing things out.

Yes I have to use shift to make "~" I tried using only "^" and "0" so i wont have to use shift. But it still wont work.

And yup "~" is under the volume down button.

Edited by CookieMonsta

Hmmm...well, I guess reinstall. This is the point where I would give up and cry, so I'm not going to be any use. :(

Thats was fast!

I guess I have no choice then.

But the only reason why I wanted to use control was to demo hackers.

:lol

But for now I have no use for it.

So I can only reinstall it when I get back to Japan since the internet in here sucks balls.

Thanks

+Lulu

:kis:

• Like 1

lol that's the mouse! Haha

I didnt change anything in cfg except for the toggleconsole. I guess I have no choice but to reinstall? I wont lose my data right? The internet in the country that im in right now is so slow. :( i think it'll take the whole day to install it.

After further inspection, you might try this as well: add a '+' to "toggleconsole" so it will become "+toggleconsole" maybe it works. think not. but maybe...

And you can save your data by extracting the profiles option from the game and put it back when reïnstalled.