Abner server spawn delay

soulJAHmon

How about Sunday?

Here is what I have incorporating most, but not all of the suggestions made thus far.

1. Creek – Headquarters
  2. Countdown – Search & Destroy
  3. Downpour – Team Death Match
  4. Ambush – Domination
  5. Wetwork – Sabotage
  6. Chinatown - Headquarters
  7. Bloc – Team Death Match
  8. Overgrown – Domination
  9. Bog – Search & Destroy
  10. Backlot – Sabotage
  11. Broadcast – Team Death Match
  12. Strike – Domination
  13. Vacant - Headquarters
  14. Crash – Search & Destroy
  15. Pipeline – Team Death Match
  16. District – Domination
  17. Crossfire – Sabotage
  18. Showdown – Team Death Match

• Like 2

Not sure about WetWork being a Sabotage Map ? :dntk but I'm willing to give it a try call me crazy.

Let's do THIS ! :thumbsup Good work SNAKE, I like your rotation and say we give it a go ...

so now ... paging Mr. G.I. JOE :yeye .... maybe sometime this coming week we can get the rotation updated ? and Add some time to the Spawn Delay's to fix the Spawn issue !

THANK YOU :clap:

I don't mind the increasing spawn times. But what if increasing the times does not help with being killed by the same guy or same airstrike?

Airstike takes about 5 seconds to finish.

And i could see that if someone dies, wait 2-3 seconds to spawn, spawned is same area and is killed again especially with lots of people online some people, maybe not a lot but some will be waiting to spawn more than actually play.

I like Daks rotation. Maybe have some maps have both game types on them? Such as overgrown.

How about Sunday?

Here is what I have incorporating most, but not all of the suggestions made thus far.

1. Creek – Headquarters
  2. Countdown – Search & Destroy
  3. Downpour – Team Death Match
  4. Ambush – Domination
  5. Wetwork – Sabotage
  6. Chinatown - Headquarters
  7. Bloc – Team Death Match
  8. Overgrown – Domination
  9. Bog – Search & Destroy
  10. Backlot – Sabotage
  11. Broadcast – Team Death Match
  12. Strike – Domination
  13. Vacant - Headquarters
  14. Crash – Search & Destroy
  15. Pipeline – Team Death Match
  16. District – Domination
  17. Crossfire – Sabotage
  18. Showdown – Team Death Match

In my experiences in playing headquarters, large maps such as creek have been terrible for it. Mainly because it only takes one guys to cap it and when he does the enemy team spawns so far away that it is nearly impossible to get back into the fight and still have time to shut it down.

Sabotage on wetwork to me seems like a draw everytime. The map is so skinny that it would be almost impossible to sneak by and plant. Unless the teams are heavily stacked. Are the bomb sites inside the boat or outside in the open?

I don't mind the increasing spawn times. But what if increasing the times does not help with being killed by the same guy or same airstrike?

Airstike takes about 5 seconds to finish.

And i could see that if someone dies, wait 2-3 seconds to spawn, spawned is same area and is killed again especially with lots of people online some people, maybe not a lot but some will be waiting to spawn more than actually play.

I like Daks rotation. Maybe have some maps have both game types on them? Such as overgrown.

I don't like ... but also don't overly object to dying TWICE in the same Airstrike. What WAS / IS pissing me off is that the spawn rate is SO FAST now that on occasion I die THREE TIMES in one, and that's just plain stupid. And the problem is now that you can KILL someone, and BEFORE you can take 2 or 3 steps he RESPAWNS in Front / Behind you and kills you. If the Respawn rate was doubled from it's current half or 1 second time whatever it is ... then at least you have THE CHANCE to run away, turn the corner, take cover .... SOMETHING ... before he respawns and kills you. As it works right now, you don't even HAVE a CHANCE !

I also like playing maybe 1 or 2 of the SAME MAPS but in Different GAME MODES ... wouldn't be hard to add that, so instead of SNAKES curent 18 Map List ... we could do a 20 MAP list this way ? I'd suggest double ups on BLOC (TDM & DOM) and OVERGROWN (DOM & TDM) ... let's do this ! :)

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan

I don't like ... but also don't overly object to dying TWICE in the same Airstrike. What WAS / IS pissing me off is that the spawn rate is SO FAST now that on occasion I die THREE TIMES in one, and that's just plain stupid. And the problem is now that you can KILL someone, and BEFORE you can take 2 or 3 steps he RESPAWNS in Front / Behind you and kills you. If the Respawn rate was doubled from it's current half or 1 second time whatever it is ... then at least you have THE CHANCE to run away, turn the corner, take cover .... SOMETHING ... before he respawns and kills you. As it works right now, you don't even HAVE a CHANCE !

I also like playing maybe 1 or 2 of the SAME MAPS but in Different GAME MODES ... wouldn't be hard to add that, so instead of SNAKES curent 18 Map List ... we could do a 20 MAP list this way ? I'd suggest double ups on BLOC (TDM & DOM) and OVERGROWN (DOM & TDM) ... let's do this ! :)

I agree with the spawn times, just wanted to make sure everyone also could see the negative side of it as well.

I thinking doubling up modes on those two maps would be fun and not just because they are some of my favs B) Though if we do some maps doubling up we have to make sure not to place the maps one after the other such as Bloc - tmd then Bloc- dom, because some people don't like all the levels and having to play a level they hate twice in a row wouldn't be fun.

Though if we do some maps doubling up we have to make sure not to place the maps one after the other such as Bloc - tmd then Bloc- dom, because some people don't like all the levels and having to play a level they hate twice in a row wouldn't be fun.

I agree with you there ... I would spread them out within the 20 map list.

Maybe something like this ...

1. Overgrown – Team Death Match
  2. Creek – Headquarters
  3. Countdown – Search & Destroy
  4. Downpour – Team Death Match
  5. Ambush – Domination
  6. Wetwork – Sabotage
  7. Chinatown - Headquarters
  8. Bloc – Team Death Match
  9. Overgrown – Domination
  10. Bog – Search & Destroy
  11. Backlot – Sabotage
  12. Broadcast – Team Death Match
  13. Strike – Domination
  14. Vacant - Headquarters
  15. Crash – Search & Destroy
  16. Bloc – Domination
  17. Pipeline – Team Death Match
  18. District – Domination
  19. Crossfire – Sabotage
  20. Showdown – Team Death Match

That's = 6 – Team Death Match's, – 3 Sabotage's, – 5 Domination's, 3 - Headquarters, and – 3 Search & Destroy's .... that's a pretty broad based mix IMO.

so i just mixed what every one suggested...cut it down to 15 maps and got this:

set g_gametype "war"

set sv_mapRotation "gametype war map mp_overgrown gametype sab map mp_creek gametype sd map mp_countdown gametype war map mp_farm gametype dom map mp_convoy gametype koth map mp_carentan gametype sd map mp_bog gametype dom map mp_backlot gametype war map mp_broadcast gametype koth map mp_vacant gametype sd map mp_crash gametype dom map mp_bloc gametype war map mp_pipeline gametype sab map mp_crossfire gametype dom map mp_strike"

let me know what you all think....

Edited by speedfact

For those that know know what speed posted, the rotation will be the following:

1. Overgrown – TDM
  2. Creek – Sabotage
  3. Countdown – Search & Destroy
  4. Downpour – TDM
  5. Ambush – Domination
  6. Chinatown – HQ
  7. Bog – Search & Destroy
  8. Backlot – Domination
  9. Broadcast – TDM
  10. Vacant – HQ
  11. Crash – Search & Destroy
  12. Bloc – Domination
  13. Pipeline – TDM
  14. Crossfire – Sabotage
  15. Strike – Domination

Is 15 the Map Rotation limit ? :dntk I don't mind doing less ... but that 20 map rotation looks better and more fun, in part because it allows doing the same map in 2 different game styles in one sitting which we had in the past and people enjoyed that I remember.

Then again IF we update and modify the rotations simi-regularly again, I don't have an issue I suppose. It's when we got stuck playing the same rotation for like 4-5-6 months in a row, or whatever time it was, <_< that got Old and many players are only now coming back to the server from that dark time in History :unsure:

heh well heres the thing bout a bigger rotation. It will be changed out less because we figure people will get bored of it slower than if we just threw in a 5 map rotation. yes it means more maps but it also means people will eventaully get bored and then the next time it will be harder and the time after that it will be even harder to change it up. its like eating an apple every day. Yeh it taste good but after a while you get tired and wanna switch it up, so you try an orange, next time a pear...then after a while you run outta ideas. So thats why I put it at 15, that way if we get bored or tired of a map type (for instance bog S&D) we can change it the next rotation to something else. (that and from experience playing certain maps i took out the ones that would not work well on a hardcore server and that the type didn't match the map).

Edited by speedfact

heh well heres the thing bout a bigger rotation. It will be changed out less because we figure people will get bored of it slower than if we just threw in a 5 map rotation. yes it means more maps but it also means people will eventaully get bored and then the next time it will be harder and the time after that it will be even harder to change it up. its like eating an apple every day. Yeh it taste good but after a while you get tired and wanna switch it up, so you try an orange, next time a pear...then after a while you run outta ideas. So thats why I put it at 15, that way if we get bored or tired of a map type (for instance bog S&D) we can change it the next rotation to something else. (that and from experience playing certain maps i took out the ones that would not work well on a hardcore server and that the type didn't match the map).

Makes sense. Works for me.

I'm game Speedy ... and since you're a CO-Leader you can make the change correct ? Let's ROLL !

btw ... PLEASE ... DO NOT Forget to add the additional time to the Spawn Delay ... as that's how this whole thread started in the first place ... THANK YOU. :fixed