The worst situation in which you were?

Kat0n

Only thing I can think of....

Was in Mexico, Piedras Negras, sitting out front of my sister-in-law's place drinking a 40 with her. Decide to take a picture of my wife, because I had a nice new DSLR. Told her i wanted to walk down to the end of the block. My wife said no, there were drug dealers over there. I looked, didn't see anyone. Convinced her to do it. Got back to my in-law's place, and commenced to finish my beer. Saw a cop car roll down the street and stop at the corner. This time I did see the dealers, chatting with the cop. Cop drove off. 2 minutes later, having circled the block, cop came around and stopped in front of me. I started getting nervous, cuz police and me don't ever get on too well. He asked me if i had been taking pictures down at the corner. I said yes. He asked to see them. I showed it to them. He asked me to delete the photos. I was drunk, and started giving em attitude. Then I spotted my sister-in-law motioning at me to stfu and do it. I erased the photos, but I was pissed and let em know it. Apparently satisfied, they drove off. I sat back down. 5 minutes later, they were back, asking about copies of the photos and at one point demanding my camera. I swore up and down I had erased it, and they finally took off.

Sister-in-law told me I was one stupid SOB. Said next time they might just take my ass with them and beat the shit outta me. No ACLU in Mexico, I guess.

Stupidest part about it was, the photos showed nothing but my wife and a building :/

I know it ain't much, but I'm kinda happy with that lol

Too many to list here. Just a few......

1) Crash landing on approach in medivac Cessna 421.

2) Engine fire mid flight in another.

3) Autorotation hard landing in a Bell 206 in thick brush that was hard enough to break the skids.

4) Factory fire where the roof collapsed down on us.

5) House fire that roof collapsed while on it.

6) Middle of a gang war on Ocean Blvd. in Corpus Christi.

7) Working high water rescue when in became a flash flood that killed 26 people in 1990.

8) Guy wrecked into our ambulance because he was mad we were trying to save his father's life and then pulled a gun on us.

9) Drove "NASCAR Style" through a car crash while they were wrecking all around me at 70 MPH.

10) Fell off while tubing in middle of a lake with no life vest and the boat didn't see I fell off for 2 minutes.

Those would be top 10.

Wow man your guadian Angel had a hard job :D

Were driving near the city with my family as a kid (2 adults and 6 kids in a mini van) and a guy run a red light and t-boned us. Hit the door where my sister and I were sitting and spun the car a few times. We were all fine luckly...

Other than that probably when my placenta ruptured when 28 weeks pregnant with my second child, they could not find where the blood was coming from so for almost two weeks I was bleeding on and off and clotting.... Had to have an emergency c section and very close to needing a blood transfusion. (thankgod for hospitals and ever evolving technology otherwise we both would have died)

• Like 1

This wasn't near death or anything but it was exciting.

I was on my xray externship in Tacoma, Wash in 1971 when I had a flat tire on the right front of my car. I called my work and told them that I was going to have to fix it before I could get there.

So I put the spare (rag) on it to get me to the service station. The guy was not helpful at all, and had two or three others sitting there. But he did my tire first, since the others were just left for later. I went next door and got some coffee and came back about 1/2 hour later. He had taken the old tire off and stowed it in the trunk and put my tire back onto the car. I flipped him $10 for the trouble, and drove off. I got about 5 or 6 miles down the I5 and started feeling the front end shake. I thought he had lost the weights or something, so I kept going. Then all hell broke loose. There was a very loud bang, then thump, thump, thump and I saw the whole right side of the car lift up and the fender blow

off and then the car dropped down and started skidding toward to the inside of the hiway. I went down into this deep ravine there, and flipped over about three times. Finally settling on it's top in the dirt.

I found out he put the wrong tire on my car. In those days, the custom wheels (Mags) had a washer system for fitting different cars. The kid that was helping the owner got my tire and another (which were almost identical) mixed up, and the bolts didn't tighten properly and finally vibrated loose. The car was a total wreck and between his insurance and mine I got a new used car out of it.

The weird thing was that I had put on my seat belt that time. Which I rarely did back then. Guardian Angels...gotta love em.

• Like 2

I had pneumonia when I was seven, and I was dead for 8-9 seconds. I can't remember it, but I can remember my mom screaming.

My dad almost died a couple months ago, so that's probably one of the worst things that's ever happened to me, even though it didn't happen to me.

I was reading the topic "I Almost Died" below and it reminded me of the time we were driving up Interstate 5 in Washington. I was behind this old pickup that was carrying a bunch of junk, when suddenly his spare tire broke loose under the bed of the truck. It hit the pavement and bounced right over the top of my car and into the left lane, where it just missed this other car. It then bounced and rolled into the ravine area between the North and South lanes. I never stopped so I don't know what happened after that.

But it happened so fast, I didn't even have time to duck.

• Administrators

Survived longest siege in the modern history. Got shot at multiple times. Had to face sniper fire daily to get water/food. Had to starve myself so my younger sister would have enough to eat. Had to watch my best friend die right in front of me.

• Like 2

Survived longest siege in the modern history. Got shot at multiple times. Had to face sniper fire daily to get water/food. Had to starve myself so my younger sister would have enough to eat. Had to watch my best friend die right in front of me.

And we have the winner.

• Like 4

Ever since I was a kid im always adventurous, so when in a family reunion we went to the beach. I was still 12 years old at that time I guess. I went to the deep side of the beach with the adults but they didn't realized I was there. Then a big wave hit me and was knocked out for a couple of seconds. Good thing while I was struggling to breath I accidentally felt my cousin's hand and pulled myself towards her. I never let go then, and no one ever knew what happened to me.

A few years ago there was a girl I liked a lot, my friends know, I do not know if she knew, one night we were at a party, in a group, when she came my friends left us alone, I was nervous, and put a cigarette in my mouth, not turned it on, because we were talking, Suddenly the lights went out, in the dark I decided to light my cigarette, for my bad luck, the cigarette was upside down, and so I turned it on, I turned on the filter, some sparks jumped on her, nothing dangerous, and I try to turn them off, when the light was turned on i was here, nervous with my hands on her breasts trying to take off the sparks. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!

A few years ago there was a girl I liked a lot, my friends know, I do not know if she knew, one night we were at a party, in a group, when she came my friends left us alone, I was nervous, and put a cigarette in my mouth, not turned it on, because we were talking, Suddenly the lights went out, in the dark I decided to light my cigarette, for my bad luck, the cigarette was upside down, and so I turned it on, I turned on the filter, some sparks jumped on her, nothing dangerous, and I try to turn them off, when the light was turned on i was here, nervous with my hands on her breasts trying to take off the sparks. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!

More like a win-win situation to me!!

• Like 2

More like a win-win situation to me!!

do you think? for me it was embarrassing, and funny. I think such situations are fun to mention, clearly there are others, but for me the idea is to share funny things :unsure: . Greetings