default DPI of standard mouse?

PiNoY

Ok, so I did

m_yaw 0.022

m_pitch 0.015

sensitivity 3.56

DPI 800 (DPI 600 is also good didnt see much difference)

middle notch set point (not windows accel)

setpoint's no accel and speed is set to 5

windows accel is set to 6 middle bar, no enhanced pointer precision

I usually dont use cl_mouseaccel , so no changes there and I think this one is also better. This one is less shaky compared to the first (which gives me low acc due to shakiness) but its going leading somehow to the old mouse feeling..I think its better, I can have 180 degrees at single swipe including jump (maybe 3 to 4 inches), (am avoiding that 180 turn script) :)

Thanks for the inputs. Im going to play a bit of the above by tom or weekend specially the DPI.

• Clan Friend

Thanks for the inputs. Im going to play a bit of the above by tom or weekend specially the DPI.

ok, a couple of things:

m_pitch on some servers (usually etpro) must be generally outside the range -0.015 0.015, so it's not >= but >

set it to 0.01501 and you can play everywhere, and still nothing would change for you :P

3.56 sens with 800 dpi (but I am not sure if you have 800 since setpoint 5 is not in the middle?) can be regarded as a very high sens (not a bad thing per se), so it's unlikely you will get any negative acceleration, even with 1600 dpi

So you can try to halve your sens, and use 1600 dpi (because with a sens higher than 3 maybe you can't aim at every single pixel)

But then it would be too fast on your desktop. Setpoint should have game detection, and allow you to play with a different sens than the one you use on your desktop, but I was never lucky with this feature, sometimes it doesn't work.

p.s.

another way, not very common or known to see if you have negative accel is

/cl_debugmove 1

if you move your mouse and you see those peaks are 'truncated' you will know that you are hitting the border of your desktop. To see what negative accel looks like, try low com_maxfps low resolution and high dpi, and you'll see that your input cannot get past a certain height. I doubt that any high senser gets negative accel in a normal game, maybe if they do tests like the one we mentioned before, but not with their normal mouse moves.

yes I noticed that 3.56 with 800 dpi is real quick, I got a bit of negative accel. I have a feeling that this negative accel is caused by my unstable 1000mhz USB port? But setpoint is showing me that reports/second is 1000 although another software mouse accel test is showing me toggling between 600 to 960Mhz depends on on how fast I move the mouse. I think this software cames from raziel tool. But, in general, I got only a minimal negative accel like 5 to 12 pixels at times, which is acceptable for me ofcourse at my ping ? :)

now testing

didnt change windows notch, but its on 6 just for reference

setpoint still in the middle, so its 5

DPI 1600 (X and Y)

sens is 1.65

did not touch m_pitch and m_yaw (0.0151 and 0.022

I actually made demo of that negative accel, maybe several pixels 5 to 10 maybe..could be changing how I move the mouse perpendicularly if you understand what Im trying to say...but anyway the demo attached..I was suprised to see the changes on that,

And for those who have read or reading this, this could also be a good sample or topic to those who wanna change more of DPI and sensi combo, thanks all for the inputs here. I survived the days hating of getting a better one...appreciate the hints to make it this far :P

spp.zip

• Clan Friend

few pixels is not so bad, if you have a high sens it could be hard to go back to exactly the same spot. Have you tried cl_debugmove 1 graphic?

some time ago I made a little tool to show mouse movement on windows:

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/34209-gamin-mouse-under-10/page__hl__testmouse#entry307032

nothing special, but I can see a little difference in output between different pad surfaces, for example

oh yes, I tried cl_debugmove also. Somehow, I get bumps on speedy mouse movements like what is shown below but normally without those quick moves, those bumps dont appear like on those flat lines...

post-6735-0-59805700-1354309583_thumb.jpg

but more or less, thought my acc is low, its now back with more coverage of pixels @3200 DPI (changed more and divided sensi again by 2 - like what you have tutored) not like with old mouse.

Am grateful Sunlight. the settings are certainly finer now, it could not be better and it's all good indeed. I will keep it this way certainly.

Again, thanks for ups and help. :)

• Clan Friend

oh yes, I tried cl_debugmove also. Somehow, I get bumps on speedy mouse movements like what is shown below but normally without those quick moves, those bumps dont appear like on those flat lines...

negative acceleration looks like this (or rather, would look if I was able to get monospaced fonts right :P)

_________
 /         \
/           \
/             \

your graph is nice and round at the top, so I don't see any neg. accel.

• Clan Friend

Aim is more in your brain than in your hands. I've tested countless sensitivities, dpi, etc. and never had a noticeable skill boost.

If I kept practicing with the same sens, and paying attention to other things instead (how and where I actually aimed, how I was moving) I noticed more improvements.

• 7 years later...
5 hours ago, Guest Weits said:

Am I a freak, or does 400-800 make it unbearably slow?? I myself use abou 1500 dpi

Old thread but your a freak mate, i currently have my x 500 y 450 with mouse sens ingame set to 0.9, i go higher dpi than that and its all over the place for me, suppose its each to their own.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Personnaly, I use this config: 

/m_yaw 0.0020

/m_pitch 0.0015

and I set the sensitivity to 20-25 in ET

After, I change configs almost every day, sometimes when I feel fast, I put these config, but when I want to play quietly, I lower the sensitivity ..

Also, everything depends on the point of view used, personally, I sometimes play with /cg_fov 105, sometimes at 120 and it happens to be -1

It all depends on preferences :)

Fox.

• Love 1
  • 100 1

What mostly improved my accuracy was getting a mouse with adjustable sens aka DPI profiles. Stretching (/stiffness), weight training, and even mood affect playing quite a bit. I often go through all four DPI profiles in a session. Currently I use DPIs 1400, 1550, 1700 and 1850 in Logitech hub. ET sens something like 4,5, which I never change.

20 minutes ago, Young Fox said:

Personnaly, I use this config: 

/m_yaw 0.0020

/m_pitch 0.0015

Are you sure? Don't you mean seta m_pitch "0.015" & seta m_yaw "0.020" ? That m_pitch would be quite low. Many good players seem to have low m_pitch, but I struggle to look up with anything below 0.022.

• Like 1

The /seta is only necessary if you put the command in the text file, in the console of the game, it is not necessary to put seta, the game locates it alone :)

Take a good look, it's 0.0020, not 0.020 .. otherwise, it's unplayable witch the sensi at 20-30  :)

But it has lots of possibilities, it all depends on your preferences.

But this config allows a more "fluid" movement

Edited by Young Fox