Question.

Heaven:)

Hey guys.

I've got a question about Heron.

Just one thing, is it allowed on your servers?

Explanation of what Heron is:

Heron is something you run in the background of ET, it's basically a second timer that tells you when the enemy spawn.

I've known many players using it before, and I just wanted to check that is legal before using it.

It's not classed as a cheat, it's just there for help and knowing when the enemy are going to spawn to you know when to run in/out.

If anything, it's quite useful to some players because they usually time it wrong.

EDIT: I just wanted to check before I used it on your servers, so I don't get banned. ^^

If you don't want to allow it, you could add this to the server Cvar pb_sv_cvar cl_heron in 0

Edited by Heaven.

• Clan Friend

I can't speak for FA so you'll have to wait for an admin to answer you.

But before telling you some legal alternatives, I will say that in competitions I don't think it's allowed, because it's an external software that gives you an advantage. And that's close to the definition of what a cheat is.

anyway:

on etpro and silent (I think etpub too, maybe nq) you have a built-in spawntimer with the /timerset command

in silent servers with nonstandard spawns you can check axis and allies times with g_redlimbotime and g_bluelimbotime and set your timer accordingly (of course you need to see them spawning, or selfkilling or shield disappearing, etc.)

on jaymod you have no spawntimer, but:

- if the spawns are standard (20 and 30 secs) it's not hard to follow the spawns

- if both teams have the same spawntime, you can know enemy spawn from your own timer, just add an offset

- if spawntimes are different and very short, like in FA Jay3, it's harder but you can't actually have a full spawn. So knowing enemy spawns for things like safely passing from their spawn or spawnkilling with airstrikes, or knowing in which area they could be at some specific time is probably useless anyway

• Like 1

I can't speak for FA so you'll have to wait for an admin to answer you.

But before telling you some legal alternatives, I will say that in competitions I don't think it's allowed, because it's an external software that gives you an advantage. And that's close to the definition of what a cheat is.

anyway:

on etpro and silent (I think etpub too, maybe nq) you have a built-in spawntimer with the /timerset command

in silent servers with nonstandard spawns you can check axis and allies times with g_redlimbotime and g_bluelimbotime and set your timer accordingly (of course you need to see them spawning, or selfkilling or shield disappearing, etc.)

on jaymod you have no spawntimer, but:

- if the spawns are standard (20 and 30 secs) it's not hard to follow the spawns

- if both teams have the same spawntime, you can know enemy spawn from your own timer, just add an offset

- if spawntimes are different and very short, like in FA Jay3, it's harder but you can't actually have a full spawn. So knowing enemy spawns for things like safely passing from their spawn or spawnkilling with airstrikes, or knowing in which area they could be at some specific time is probably useless anyway

No, you're not aloud it in "league cups" because that gives an 'unfair advantage'.

I also know about the timers, I have a .cfg for it.

I wanted to know just for Jaymod, simply because it's a lot easier that calculating when they spawn that means you're walking around the spawn for 5 seconds thinking when you could still get it wrong.

• Clan Friend

ok.

But I think spawntimes are more useful when you play for the objectives. I used to keep enemy spawn in jay3 when it was 12 -12 now it's 10 - 8 and it's so short that it's almost useless

• Like 1