Funny soundpack shortcut/toggle bind script for Jay 2 & 3 servers

advaita

Hi guys,

I Have been playing on Beginner's XPS Forever server or the JAY3 server for very long and love those funny sound packs we get to hear every now and then. My favourite "Fight like men with huge Cahoneys" :lol from GTA vice city.

I know you can bind some keys for specific vsays but since its a huge list (186 funny vsays as counted by me) and everytime pressing the "v" key and selecting the sound was a pain in the ass, I have prepared a script which can make the task somewhat simple.

Here is a brief guide about the script/cfg:

• It is a modified toggle script which I had used for changing Nicks.
  • It binds two keys, one for displaying and scrolling the vsay and the other for playing it. For eg; Upon pressing the first binded key it will start displaying the vsay, its number and its output some what like "vsay duke1:Your face, your ass, whats the difference? Pressing the second binded key will play the sound displayed.
  • Pressing the First key again moves on the the second on the list and so on & so forth until the final one in the list and then it starts all over again.
  • Everytime you press the second binded key you will hear the selected fun vsay which is displayed on the screen and you can repeat the same sound until you you press the first binded key which scrolls through the rest of the sound pack list.
  • In this cfg I have bound the key "D" for scrolling/display and "F" for playing the sound(You can bind the keys as per your convenience).

I have named this script as mysay.cfg, but you can give any name you like to.

Place this cfg in your etmain folder and execute it by typing "/exec mysay" in the console which you can acess by pressing the "~" button on your keyboard.

NOTE:I have tested this script on JAY3 and JAY2 servers where it works very well and I don't think it will work on the other FA servers.

Please try and help me correct any defects. Apologies for my bad presentation skills. I wholeheartedly welcome any kind of suggestions/criticisms.

mysay.cfg

Thanks to -=Medic=- for this post

http://fearless-assa...pack-vsay-list/

Just wanted to add that this cfg works on JAY2 server as well.

PS:Removed the code which was very long and stretched the page.

Edited by goofy

• 3 weeks later...