A bit of help hugely appreciated :(

BBZ

Here's all I got in my etmain folder

capturedcran20121116194.png

Well, this is the wrong etmain folder. This is what I meant in my first post

You need to put it in your Applications Support folders and not in Applications folder.

The correct path is:

/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Wolfenstein ET/etmain

It could be that you need to create those folders manually, I can't remember. You can find the Library when you click on the Macintosh HD button or when you are in your Finder you press on Go -> Library and follow from there. I don't know how it is in Snow Leopard, but in Lion the Library is actually hidden and becomes visible when you press Alt while have the Go-Tab open.

You can also get xfire on a Mac.

I personally use Adium and once you installed Adium, you need to install the XBlaze add-on. It works pretty good for me but there are other options as well, if you are not happy with that one: http://fearless-assa...ac/#entry308867

Edited by Gubbi

oh ok Thanks Gubbi I didn't noticed that it wasn't the same path.

So I haven't got the Wolfenstein ET folder in my Application Support. Just created it now and put the etkey in it, but there's actually nothing else, so I might have missed something else: Is that what you meant ?

Do you have in that folder;

the ET.exe

ETDED

ETmain

Jaymod etc?

If so, run ET.exe, and if you're allowing downloads from servers you should download automatically what you need for the FA servers, other servers will also do the same.

oh ok Thanks Gubbi I didn't noticed that it wasn't the same path.

So I haven't got the Wolfenstein ET folder in my Application Support. Just created it now and put the etkey in it, but there's actually nothing else, so I might have missed something else: Is that what you meant ?

Yes, you need to create all the folders manually as it seems. You would need the Wolfenstein ET, etmain with etkey and config file and then you should be fine, hopefully. If you ever have a problem with a mod not downloading, you need to download them manually and put them there as well then.

Yes, you need to create all the folders manually as it seems. You would need the Wolfenstein ET, etmain with etkey and config file and then you should be fine, hopefully. If you ever have a problem with a mod not downloading, you need to download them manually and put them there as well then.

If he is doing them manually, now maybe a good time to tell him to do 2.6b?

Because all you do is download them and replace the old patch?

If he is doing them manually, now maybe a good time to tell him to do 2.6b?

Because all you do is download them and replace the old patch?

You don't have to do that for Mac. As far as I can see, he downloaded the 2.60d.dmg version, that one is fine for macintosh.

well done dudes, I can keep my xp now :)

The problem effectively was that I put the etkey in the wrong folder. (Application and not Application Support)

Thanks a bunch to both of you !! I'll try to get back my skillz a bit and then come to Silent servers to try kick your asses a bit before dying :D

all the best !!

And yea Gubbi is alright about the 2.60d version for mac, it's the latest I can get apparently

Edited by BBZ

well done dudes, I can keep my xp now :)

The problem effectively was that I put the etkey in the wrong folder. (Application and not Application Support)

Thanks a bunch to both of you !! I'll try to get back my skillz a bit and then come to Silent servers to try kick your asses a bit before dying :D

all the best !!

And yea Gubbi is alright about the 2.60d version for mac, it's the latest I can get apparently

I am glad that it is fixed.

Btw, if you have problems with unpacking the .jar file, you can use the mirror link to download the cleaner.

Fantastic, glad to be of your assistance. I'm on these forums everyday when I can, so if you need anything else;

PM me

Post a new topic.

~Heaven.

Edited by Heaven.

thx Gubbi, I'll try the mirror links to see what happen. And yea, thanks again for your help: getting my xp reseted each time was a pain in the ass.

I won't hesitate to recommend getting your help on this forum if anyone needs it.

I tried to join some FA servers but I'm defo too noob yet to play there lol. I'm getting killed before I can hurt anyone.

But expect to see me someday there again.