talk about html5/php/javascript

PROWND

Html5 / PHP / Javascript

Who codes?

I need to learn mysql soon

Made an upload site for my pictures and it uses GD library(php) for resizing and watermarking, and utilizing css3 image rotation, as well as dynamic urls for controlling features and display

I think im at the level that I could code for work as a pro -- Only thing is that I already own 2 businesses that are not computer related, so I wont be changing occupations, just hobby time coding for my business sites and hobby stuff

I think im good/advanced level

Would like to talk to other Web developers or hobbyists.

Dont know C/C#/C++ or java etc -- just web code

Back in my Runescape days I could code Java like a beast making bot programs, but now I have no idea what i'm even looking at anymore. haha.

You filthy cheater

:whistle:

Anyway, don't think you would qualify to work as a pro if you don't know sql (it isn't that hard so shouldn't be that much of a problem)

I know (some only in basic knowledge): xhtml/html 5, css, java, javascript, vb.net and c# => those 2 mainly used for asp.net :P

Never bothered to learn php, because of asp.net, still planned though ^^

And I got a VERY basic knowledge of c

But well, it will be my job ^^

I also know mysql and oracle sql

Still student, still learning :P

As a pro, you indeed need to have some understanding of SQL. That doesn't mean that you should be able to understand databases entirely, that is an entire new technique. I only know basic php and basic html/css, I hate databases too much to learn anything interesting in SQL (although I can write an SFW-thingy). I can't design, I'm too lazy to understand every different version of html/css (I don't like to develop for different browsers) and php is a language too ugly to learn, although for quick scripting it's nice :)

You can google for mysql tutorial, am sure you will find your way in back. There are also free CMS scripts that you can download and use into your computer. Like for one, Gallery CMS that tweaks pictures, uploads, presents them, resize etc..am sure you know this already I guess. If interested, check it out

http://www.softaculous.com/

Typically, these Softaculous software is part of web hosting platform, the panel comes with it..

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with what the other say about databases, you should at the very least be familiar with MySQL and phpMyAdmin (if your a beginner with MySQL databases, it's a very useful tool).

Knowledge of CSS is also very important; as for HTML5, sure you can use the markup - but I strongly suggest only to use what is widely known and supported (stick to what's globally known); the specs aren't even done yet and besides that, there are two different organisations working on their own version!

You can google for mysql tutorial, am sure you will find your way in back. There are also free CMS scripts that you can download and use into your computer. Like for one, Gallery CMS that tweaks pictures, uploads, presents them, resize etc..am sure you know this already I guess. If interested, check it out

http://www.softaculous.com/

Typically, these Softaculous software is part of web hosting platform, the panel comes with it..

I too use Softaculous on my servers, it's a very handy application.

Slightly offtopic @PiNoY: Personally I've been thinking of writing my own or using another, Softaculous is cheap but I have a feeling it isn't well written, maybe that's just cause they ioncube'd the source and of course their mirrors are very slow - which is a huge inconvenience!