Really Low FPS, I need a fix!

Waffles

There was a update w:et. It may be the cause

? There hasn't been an update for W:ET for... well, a long time.

As for your Waffles. Do you experience it on other servers? Have you changed any settings, cfg lately? Give us some info to help you ;)

For now the only solution I can think of is a re-install if it isn't too much trouble. (patches, guid, cfg's etc.)

• Clan Friend

It's a bit weird that ET uses only 01 percent cpu, so the bottleneck is not your cpu, you should check your drivers or something else

maybe you have changed something recently in your pc? installed stuff?

I wouldn't suggest a reinstallation of et, if your install was really corrupted it wouldn't even start.

There isn't such a thing as a 'partially working' ET, it's just an exe and a couple of dlls for the mod, all the rest is just sounds, textures and stuff that can never give you 4fps if corrupted. If et is corrupted, it would crash or give an error message, it won't just run slowly.

If, on the other hand, your config is corrupted, then I doubt you can go as low as 4 fps even if you tried on purpose.

So, in my opinion the source of the problem is not ET itself. And don't reinstall, at most reset your config (at least if you don't want to waste time, that's what I would do).