Getting big on YouTube?

fleischcrack

I've recently created a YouTube channel, and uploaded one video. Getting big seems like a very slow job. Is anyone here big on YT, and if yes, do you guys have any tips? Thanks :D

Spread the video via forums, facebook, twitter to start. Oh the most important step is to make a good video about something trending in society.

It really all depends on what type of videos you are making; whether it be informative or just for entertainment. Anyway, If you want to succeed on YouTube you need to be different and have your own style that people find appealing. People will not watch your videos or subscribe if your videos are the same as other millions of people or have no substance behind them. So basically be yourself, and don't piggyback off of other "famous" people on YouTube.

You can't expect success over night either. It will take time for your channel to grow and become popular. Just keep at it. (:

Good luck to you sir.

It really depends on what you're 'selling'. If it's tutorials then it's all about promoting yourself and being thorough and easy to follow etc.. If you're just doing a comedy series like 'charlieissocoollike', then you'd have to be something special, and just let it spread slowly by word of mouth of your friends on facebook and stuff.. There's not really any easy answer, you have to figure out your target audience then see how you can reach them.

Assuming gaming:

-Scarecams

-Bandwagons

-Sub 4 sub

Else

-Lot's of jump cuts

-Sub 4 sub

618px-Trollface_HD.png

No serious, I think it's a mixture of putting up good content on a regular bases and pure luck.

If I hear the youtubers I follow talk about how they got big, it's always the main thing they say about it.

Ow and 'advertising like a shameless whore' => words of one of the youtubes I follow :P

It is all down to what type of videos you make. On my PS3 I create Call of Duty series.

I get paid to make my videos so basically if you have an audience of maybe 500 people who watched the video weekly/monthly.

Ask them what they'd like to see, you'll often find that the audience are the ones that spread the video around to their friends if they like it.

Be creative, try and think of something other people haven't done yet, or if they have done it.. Make it better than theres.

Have you ever though of commentaries? It's a way for you to interract with the audience a lot easier that just showing a clip.

Spread the video via forums, facebook, twitter to start. Oh the most important step is to make a good video about something trending in society.

Definitely the right way to go about it^

Also, this might be a cheaky way to improve your audience, but have you noticed on recent games such as;

Modern Warfare 3

Black ops 2

There are people getting 32149825 views on this because they have found all intel etc on story mode, if you have a console, I'd recommend recording yourself finding all intel pieces and uploading it to YouTube.

It might not be what you want to do, but all the people viewing your video about it, should subscribe. - Meaning they will watch your other videos to see if you have anything else that is interesting.

This is all I have to offer from my experience. I wish you all the luck,

Heaven.