Pablin

Hey,

I see people using the word Nigger a lot and I think it has no place in our servers. Is this something we can warn then kick if done again?

I've seen people get kicked for polish swear words or much less, but thought I'd ask what you all think? I realize that everyone is different and some people use that word a lot(while in the comfort of their room in front of a computer but wouldn't dare to use it outside because they're afraid to) but some people don't. And from what I heard, there are maybe some black people that play ET.

Nigger is an insult, insult are not tolerated

in my own server ( few years ago ) i banned the ones who are racist for 1week, in my opinion Nigger is untolerated

it's so unrespectfull, disgusting word

If it has directed to another player you can !warn Respect other players and handle mute if needed.

I am not sure when it is used in general tough . Nigger comes from the latin "niger" which means black .

It could be compared to calling me a frenchie lol.

Imo it depends of the context and how it is recepted if it has directed to another player.

On another hand , US society changed the meaning of the word and it became an insult.

From my own experience, this word isn't always used to offend someone, mostly used by people from US. For sure, people who use it aren't geniuses but the word isn't always used to insult someone, so depending of the context it can be considered as an insult. But with such a word, common sense isn't always sufficient to distinguish if it's used in an offensive way or not, so I suggest to generalize (even if I don't like this), and consider it always as insult to prevent eventual problem or conflict.

• Administrators

http://fearless-assassins.com/wiki/index.php/W:ET_Admin_Guide

Allowed.. here and their.. but if someone starts bitching with it, not allowed.

Ever been to Brooklyn or LA downtown? Black people themselves often use it.

• Like 1

agreed, but inet isnt downtown LA or elsewhere - its annonymus :/ and alot of brainless ppl show the e-penis sometimes. but i also think we had this discussion hmm ages ago :) with the same result - its allowed but if someone starts bitching with it, its not allowed ... :D

weAsel.

Also it depends if it personal or just some random word flying around. If some1 admits and says Im "black" and then some1 starts to insult him "nigga,nigga" then its a problem.

• Like 2

username is allowed its not that big of a deal, but trolling while using the word is allowed to a certain extend

I don't like it or using other profanity as your gaming name. There are many children that play...

i agree tulsa but et is a game thats rated 16yrs and up so if parents are allowing there kids to play a game on severs with real people that is not rated for there age group then what do you do.do we take down all our vsays that have foul language and references in them as well ?.all im saying is yes be mindfull we may have younger visitors but we cant censor everything.and again they here way worse in school unfourtunetly... just my 2 cents:)

• Like 1

I guess I grew up in a different era, because I won't tolerate it.

My kids and grand kids don't speak the word around me because I'll knock 'em into next year, let alone just cussing. To me its a disgusting word in the first place.

You can censor the " N " word, we had it censored on my old clans server, all variations of it.

I'd say to if you have a bunch of vsays phrases with cuss words mixed in, grow up, and start being an example to others.

• Like 2

It irritates the fool out of me, and I know the one the op is talking about. I am extremely doubtful the person is actually black. They're just looking to get a rise out of people. In my book, it's trolling and the person deserves to be censored.

However, it's been decided that it is less problematic to allow it than to take admin action, as far as I know.

So just watch the guy and mute at the first sign of trolling.